One Deck for Everyone?

Marli

I would like to throw a question out there, just to get others opinion on the topic....

I have a couple of different decks, however only 2 that I read with, One that I use to read in person for others, and the other, I use only for myself - to the point of which, I don't even let anyone else touch that deck period!

Going along the train of thought that the decks answer whatever you ask them - if I am doing long distance readings, then would this be another opportunity to use my personal deck? - my thing was always that I did not want to get my energy mixed up with anyone else, (if that makes sense) - hence the reason for the distinct seperation... however, my personal deck, is obviously my favourite deck of all time and by extension, my favourite deck to read with as well.... So if no one else other than me is "handling" them, so to speak - then it should still be cool right?

Now, I know that there are many out there who think that cards are just pieces of paper, and it's what the reader puts in that produces the results and that I'm just being Superstitious, however for me, my cards are very personal for me, so I treat them with respect and tend to be very rigid in the patterns that I have adopted, however, in the case of long distance readings... it's kind of foreign territory to me and I'm very interested in hearing others opinions on it...

So.... any thoughts?

Marli

Umbrae

okay - jsut for the record, I'm one of those 'other' folks...

However, I believe that we all are wired a bit different. So what works for you at this point in time I will and shall respect.

That out of the way...

If one deck is for reading for others, and one deck is for you...even if you're reading distance, you should use your deck that you use for reading for others.

MareSaturni

I agree with Umbrae. After all, even if you are doing distant readings, you are still connecting to the other's energy somehow. I have some decks i only use to read to myself, but thats because i don't think i read well enough with them to read for others :). I would have no problems using them to read for others if i trusted my abilities with them.

I actually like having my decks touched by others. I like having the energy of others on them. Can't explain why. It as if my deck would 'learn' more...get in touch with more things, connected to different experiences, emotions, kinds of energies. They have in them sadness, happiness, desperation, hate, peace, love, passion...i would not dare to 'cleanse' this out of them.

I guess i'm a weirdo. I know this is not a common view.

Demon Goddess

Marli said:
I would like to throw a question out there, just to get others opinion on the topic....

I have a couple of different decks, however only 2 that I read with, One that I use to read in person for others, and the other, I use only for myself - to the point of which, I don't even let anyone else touch that deck period!

Going along the train of thought that the decks answer whatever you ask them - if I am doing long distance readings, then would this be another opportunity to use my personal deck? - my thing was always that I did not want to get my energy mixed up with anyone else, (if that makes sense) - hence the reason for the distinct seperation... however, my personal deck, is obviously my favourite deck of all time and by extension, my favourite deck to read with as well.... So if no one else other than me is "handling" them, so to speak - then it should still be cool right?

Now, I know that there are many out there who think that cards are just pieces of paper, and it's what the reader puts in that produces the results and that I'm just being Superstitious, however for me, my cards are very personal for me, so I treat them with respect and tend to be very rigid in the patterns that I have adopted, however, in the case of long distance readings... it's kind of foreign territory to me and I'm very interested in hearing others opinions on it...

So.... any thoughts?

Marli

I agree with Umbrae and Marina... but... I don't recommend getting a new deck just for long-distance readings... those things are addictive. ;)

Marli

Thanks everyone for the input, and it's good to know that I was pretty much on track, I'm not planning to get another deck, I will simply continue to use my In Person deck -because yes, with all the choices out there... one could easily end up needing a storage facility.

Demon Goddess

Marli said:
Thanks everyone for the input, and it's good to know that I was pretty much on track, I'm not planning to get another deck, I will simply continue to use my In Person deck -because yes, with all the choices out there... one could easily end up needing a storage facility.

I know a couple of girls who DO have storage facilities. lol

MareSaturni

Demon Goddess said:
I know a couple of girls who DO have storage facilities. lol

Me too. Lol! I don't - i must admit there is no more room for decks in my bedroom :O

Don't do that to yourself and to your back account Marli!

xhollysue

I also like it when people touch my decks. I feel like the decks themselves are dying to share anything they can with others, even if only energetically.

Ok, I'd say if you really, really love that deck, just get a 2nd copy of it. One copy for you, one copy for others. In my experience, your readings will be best with the deck that you connect most with, so if the images speak to you, use them! Even if you get a separate deck for different circumstances.

Grizabella

Yeah, just get a second copy. If you don't want to pay full price, keep a watch on our Trade forum here and on eBay for a less expensive copy.

Demon Goddess

I never thought of getting a second copy... That's a good idea. I wonder if I got a second copy of my Revelations deck whether or not Melody would influence those readings... I'd be interested in getting one just to see. :)