Only 12 Real Psychics in US? HA!

lunalafey

getting paid

blumoon
OFFERING someone money for their ability is one thing. Setting a price is another.
One should get payback when one invests in an education to further develope skills that come naturally.

Wishcrafter

simmering

Hello, Bella

No John Edward didn't agree with or disagree with what she said.

I don't really know if he's real or if there is a trick to it, but I do enjoy watching him and would be sad if it were so.
My husband knew of someone supposedly on staff at the
show, that said they made all the gallery people fill out a small
questionaire about themselves, before they show, that sounds
suspicious ( but I don't know if that is the truth either ).

I do think that he has done a pretty good thing, he's brought his abilities out in the open and has made many people feel more
comfortable, whereas in the recent past, what he is doing was
associated with satanism or evil and the dark side of the Psychic
realms.If he is proved to be false, it will be very very bad,there are so many people who hope,yet fear to believe.

I am sorry I didn't get her name( the psychic ) my son would'nt
go to sleep, I did'nt know the woman would hit me with a Zinger
like that. If you find out, let me know, so I don't unwittingly buy
something she wrote.
Blessings ALL

Tarotbear 2

Maybe she meant there are only 12 overpaid, overcharging, self-proclaimed psychics in America.

Umbrae

I have to admit, John Edwards is a lot of fun to watch, he is a brilliant showman. He has also done a lot of free advertising for the rest of us, creating a resurgence of interest.

…And yes, and Tarotbear2 stated, perhaps the psychic was merely stating that there are only 12 others who are legends in their own minds.

Bella

Hi everyone:
just on the topic of John Edward himself. I was originally very skeptical, but not anymore.
i know someone with a relative who works as his office staff. One morning when she went to work he had a message from her deceased mother about something that no one would have known. (I heard the story, it really is something no one would have know!) She works with him, and she is convinced that he is real.
I also saw him do a reading in the gallery for a woman who lost her (adult) son, and he started describing a bar where the son had been ( i don't recall exactly what happened). it turns out that she is from my neighborhood, and this was a bar near where i live. It was very accurate.
you gotta wonder...

lunalafey

unsolved mysteries

How come these big name gifted folks arn't helping to solve kidnappings or murders...It's not a matter of using the ability in a courtroom, it's finding the evidence that could convict...Lots of living loved ones are getting relief from 'hearing' from those passed on via these mediums.
What about those that REALLY need closure...

faunabay

Re: unsolved mysteries

lunalafey said:
How come these big name gifted folks arn't helping to solve kidnappings or murders...It's not a matter of using the ability in a courtroom, it's finding the evidence that could convict...Lots of living loved ones are getting relief from 'hearing' from those passed on via these mediums.
What about those that REALLY need closure...

Actually lunalafey, I think there are quite a few psychics helping the authorities when they (the cops) will allow it and believe them!!

faunabay

Re: getting paid

lunalafey said:
blumoon
OFFERING someone money for their ability is one thing. Setting a price is another.
One should get payback when one invests in an education to further develope skills that come naturally.

We've talked about this very things in regard to tarot. Some people take you more seriously if they have to pay for the advice/reading.
Somebody (I can't remember who) posted a thread about this. She was getting very frustrated because people were having her do readings and not listening to the messages at all. Some thought it was because they were for free and so not important the in querents mind. ????? Just a thought. :)

lunalafey

money talks......

faunabay said:

Some people take you more seriously if they have to pay for the advice/reading.
Somebody (I can't remember who) posted a thread about this. She was getting very frustrated because people were having her do readings and not listening to the messages at all.

This is very true. Beautiful painting for $10, sits there, put a $100 price tag on it, it's out the door.
If someone is seeking a reading or such, then they want to listen, and are willing to pay..
Then there are those that are drawn by the romance of it all. They will pay for the entertainment but disregard the reality.
Asking for money is different than accepting money.
I don't know if it's wrong or right, I have only read it in several different books. As I said, I have always understood....
If these psychics want to charge money, it's on them. And If they are going to charge so much then why not give something back. There are people out there that need this kind of help but don't have that kind of money to get it.

I will try and find those books, I still have half my things in storage, alot of them books because I need another bookshelf.

All Is One

Healings- does your seer take Visa?

This is such an ancient topic for debate- and there are many of my books where I was kind of turned off by the tone in which the writer huffed "of course, when you are still learing to read the cards, payment should not
be expected. . .but as you try out your readings on family and friends you shall quickly become profficient enough to offer readings worthy of payment."

Are these writers on glue?
Are they trying to justify the unknown number of real rip-off "new age"
products they may be marketing under completely bogus company titles
through mass marketing, multi-media scams?
Some day when it is appropriate, I'll post a seperate thread and share my horrible and degrading experience with answering an ad that asked simply
"Local Tarot readers, and Tarot Students forming a new group- call if interested. . ."

Anyone who ever heard of the name they used then must have turned against them- they changed the company to "The Silver Unicorn "

Ugh- I feel sick thinking about that.
I absolutly agree with Luna in her opinion that charging a non-barter, hard cash reward for what is, (or should be) ,
essentially a healing, - in the spiritual, not mundane realm-
is at the very least, EXTREMELY compromising to the
actual achievement of the basic goals involved with the ideas and motives
of a healing/ reading experience. . .

"if these psychics want to charge money- it IS on them."

There have always been those who do readings because they get as much reward in the same kind of coin- as those they are sharing
the experience of a reading with. . .
and in centuries past (when some things were more civilised)
the midwife, the witch, and the local doctor himself- all helped
who ever was in need- and often much later, found fresh baked bread
or handmade quilts on their front steps for years to follow.