Only 12 Real Psychics in US? HA!

Wishcrafter

I just have to vent a little, I was watching Crossing Over,Last night and he had a guest Psychic on at the end, she said that
there is really only about twelve real Psychics in the U.S. ,maybe
she meant, only twelve that make a six figure income.

Well, as you can tell I am mad, I don't claim to be a real Psychic,
I just get some thoughts and feelings. I think I could be, as I think
anyone could be if they worked at it.

When I was first drawn to the Tarot, I was told that no one could
read for themselves, either. Well, I sure get some pretty darn
accurate readings and as I've heard so do alot of you. It just so
happened that the woman who told me that, worked in a shop that did readings.

I think it's the same with this woman (psychic?). Why would
she want to shut everyone else down, who may have something
to contribute to the world.

I just can't believe John Edward let her say this on his show.
He always says anyone could do what I do, which is a great
statement coming from someone with his abilities, so highly
tuned. Any thoughts?

Bella

That is interesting, since John Edward does say that anyone can cultivate their psychic ability, and even has made audiotapes for this. I wonder how this woman defines a "real" psychic. Do you think she really meant truly gifted mediums (like John), rather than psychics?
Hmm, you're right, it does sound as if she's putting people off trying. But I wouldn't hold this against John Edward, guess he was just allowing her to state her own opinion. (BTW, did he agree with her?)

Umbrae

Do you think John Edwards is a real psychic? On the other hand, is he a “Cold Reader”? I have always been very skeptical of him.

I know of other “Psychic Entertainers” who are not psychics. One even wrote a very very good book on palmistry, but he has told me that he can make more money as a psychic entertainer than he can as a magician. So he markets himself as such.

I have watched him [John Edwards] work the gallery many times and wonder with a critical eye…

purplelady

I'd rather watch "Seinfeld", ;) I find him much more entertaining than John Edwards. (they're on at the same time).

lunalafey

only12?

Wishcrafter said:
I just have to vent a little, I was watching Crossing Over,Last night and he had a guest Psychic on at the end, she said that
there is really only about twelve real Psychics in the U.S. ,maybe
she meant, only twelve that make a six figure income.

The question arises, WHAT is a real psychic?...
John Edwards, I wonder about him, like Umbrae said a 'cold reader' He is very good at what he does, what ever it is, many people go away from his sessions with a new light in there life...
Sylvia Brown ? Did you know that she charges about $400 for a half hour phone reading...Her son is cheaper, half that..
we all know what's up with Ms. Cleo..
I have always understood that being a real psychic means not using your gift to make money,It's a gift. GIFT! once gifted always gifted. It did not cost them anything for it how can they charge for it..
The local radio station here has a show where 2 psychics take calls and answer question.
When I first heard it was comming I thought, oh great, sarcastically. So of course I tuned into the first show and listened...They seemes very sincere to me. I continued to listen over the weeks. One day I contacted them. An event in my life that happened over 3 years ago was still knawing at my heart and soul. I called and got a hold of one, explained my need. My dog is involved in this, she gave me her partners number and said that she was better with reading animals.
I contacted Anna. I figured an appointment would be set up, but no, she went right to work. Being the cautious capi that I am, I was careful giving her info. We spent about an hour on the phone, she NEVER spoke of payment. And she was so helpful, confirming what I had already felt, giving me a bigger picture and filling in some of the gaps. She even told me this event caused my psychic ability to kick into a higher gear..WOW!!
didn't expect that..
Was she for real? seems to be, she knew things that I only thought I knew.

Phoenix

Im a bit skeptical of him too, but who knows. I only know that I cannot do what he claims to do. I wish that my limited psychic ability was sronger.

truthsayer

WHO was the guest psychic that made this outrageous claim? a few names cross my mind but i'd like confirmation. of course, her assertion is preposterous and stinks of raw ego at work. what better way to make money as a psychic than to invalidate the inherent abilities we ALL have to greater and lesser degrees.

truthsayer

btw, her claims shows her glaring LACK of psychic ability. if she were truly psychic she would know everyone has latent abilties. i'd like to hear her explain where she got her information. did she go out and research this herself? what makes HER such an expert on who is and isn't psychic? what are her credentials? i'm outraged w/ you, wishcrafter. why don't you email john edwards and complain? i'm sure you can find an official website for him somewhere on the net. i may even look myself!!

Tarotbear 2

I only saw 'Crossing Over' once, on it's other network before it went 'national' I was very, VERY skeptical of what was going on...although it could be because just before the show the network had a debunker show and someone trained a news person to do exactly what Edwards does, and the phoney psychic had many people in the audience convinced that he, like Edwards, was receiving messages from 'beyond'.

" I see an older woman who name is Mary...." yeah- really specific.

blumoon

Re: only12?

lunalafey said:
I have always understood that being a real psychic means not using your gift to make money,It's a gift. GIFT! once gifted always gifted. It did not cost them anything for it how can they charge for it..
i have to disagree with you there lunalafey :(
what about a gifted pianist who wishes to play in a famous orchestra, but if they offered him/her a wage should they refuse it because they have a gift and shouldnt accept money for using it? or should a gifted computer analyst not charge per hour for his/her services? what about a gifted photographer? as long it is a fair amount, unlike Edwards who i think now charges $300, when he first started out he charged $150...hmmm...if a giifted psychic doesnt want to charge that's cool but if they do i dont think it should be held against them :)

if anyone wants Edward's web address its www.johnedward.net

p.s did you know his real name is John Edward McGee?

:)