Opinions of these please...

Mystick Dragon

Tis me Dragon. Here are some deck that I've seen the art for, and want, but I want opinions for them first!

Celtic Dragon
Shapeshifter Tarot
Unicorn Tarot
Tarot of the Sacred Rose
Utena Tarot
Escaflowne Tarot
Gundam Wing Tarot
Sacred Circle Tarot
Cosmic Tarot
Tarot of a Moon Garden

Thanx!

Thirteen

Quote:Dragon (25 Sep, 2001 05:53):
Tis me Dragon. Here are some deck that I've seen the art for, and want, but I want opinions for them first!

Out of all of these I only know two. However, investagating the others, it seems that they have a lot in common. You seem to be going for pastels, soft lines. My guess is that Moon Garden would suit you, while Sacred Circle might not.

Sacred Circle Tarot: There's a whole discussion of this. Pros are that it has some neat takes on the cards. It's very serene, very earthy, very pagan in interpetation. A good deck for meditation and magic. Negatives is that the cards are large, there are cards changed (i.e., it has the "Web" card instead of, I believe, the Justice card, things like that--which some people like and others don't), and it seems to be a very particular deck. Some people like it, but just can't use it.

Tarot of a Moon Garden: This is a very sweet deck. I can't think of any better description. I had a friend who could never use the tarot because she had a phobia about the sword cards. This deck was perfect for her! The swords are dragon flies, and non-threatening. It has unicorns, bubbles, sparkles, you get the idea. It's a very, very gentle deck and a good size for smallish hands. A little too fluffy for some readers, but I don't think anyone would have a problem using it if they needed to. Not like Sacred Circle which seems to resist some readers.

Does that help?

faunabay

I've only have experience with a couple of these decks too.

The Sacred Circle is a beautiful deck, but like Thirteen said, it's great for meditation and the artwork if fabulous, but it just didn't "talk" to me at all for readings. So I just traded it for the Moon Garden Tarot and I'll let you know what I think when it arrives. I think it looks fun and very lighthearted though.

Now I don't own the Unicorn deck, but saw it one time - a friend of a friend had it. I love unicorns and had been interested. But it was pretty blah. Looked like they just added a unicorn on the cards just to add a unicorn. And the artwork was pretty simplistic. I wanted to like it, just couldn't though.

I haven't had any personal experience with the Shapeshifter or Celtic Dragon decks, but have heard good things from other people. Hope this helps a bit.