opinions

leftovercrizack

I would love to get peoples opinions on The Enchanted Deck and the Nigel JAckson Deck. Thank you!!!

Rhiamon

I have the Nigel Jackson and I fell in love with it at first sight! The cards are large and the artowrk has an almost dreamy feel to it. In my opinion it feels almost romantic and feminine. I've been working with it alot lately :)

Genna

I like the Enchanted Tarot for the book,but I use The Zerner-Farber Tarot instead.It is much smaller than the Enchanted,Hanson-Roberts´size,but the pictures are the same,without border,and with the title obscuring a small part of the picture.Both are excellent for both R-W style reading,and intuitive reading.
The Zerner-Farber comes with another book for the Tarot Beginner but I bought mine as deck only.
I could lose myself in those dreamy landscapes,the cards are so beautiful.The people in them are beautiful too.The Star is my favourite.

tarobones

Enchanted/ZernerFarber

This deck has become the "family tarot" as I have 5 nieces who read with it exclusively. I have both Enchanted and ZernerFarber, and I agree that the smaller deck is brighter. The yellow book that comes with the Enchanted version has a full page color print of each card, and the images are a visual feast, for sure. Although I normally read with Universal Rider Waite, there is an invitation to open a study group (in the study groups section of AT) for the Enchanted if anybody is interested. BB, Michael

NightWing

Mixed Opinions...

...on this one, I'm afraid. But you did ask. So here is my (brief) response.

The Enchanted deck doesn't appeal to me at all. It is a matter of personal taste, but somehow it just seems too..."fluffy". I bought it, but have been unable to read with it, and will someday decide to get rid of it. I don't find it "enchanting" at all. The book was very good quality, however.

The Nigel Jackson deck, on the other hand, has a great deal of appeal for me, and I can see the potential of it as a "storytelling" deck. I don't use it very often, but I have no intention of ever letting it go. Rather like Charleton Heston & the NRA, "...from my cold, dead fingers!" The packaging with book and slipcase was great too, IMHO.

I could be mistaken, but I think both of these decks are now being marketed under other names.

Khaelo

Nigel Jackson is now being sold as Medieval Enchantment.

I like this deck, although the cards were a smidge too large for my comfort. I trimmed them, and now it's much friendlier. The Nigel Jackson uses Wands/Air and Sword/Fire elemental associations. Since this is the association I prefer, that's a big plus for me. Jackson represents Wands with arrows, so it's easy to remember the difference. I'd been wavering on Myers's Art Nouveau (another Swords/Fire deck), and obtaining the N. Jackson tipped the balance to selling away Art Nouveau. N. Jackson is just a much deeper deck. The Hanged Man is truly disorienting, which is a GOOD quality for that card. Judgement has a sky full of flames. 9 of Swords has some kind of succubus/nightmare creature present to the unfortunate dreamer. There are all sorts of nice touches like that throughout the deck.

The LWB is odd. It isn't very Little and I found it rather pretentious. It's hard to say whether it's a companion book or a LWB -- it seems to have found an awkward medium. :p

Emeraldgirl

I have the Nigel Jackson and it's not a deck that has really made an imprint on my but I think that's more due to the art then anything else. The colours are a little bland when it's compared to something like the Gilded which is my main reading deck at the moment. I am hanging on to ir though cause it does have a lot of appeal as a deep deck that can really take you to places that you may not have been aware of.

Cerulean

Overall, coloring on Enchanted is pretty

and I think of it as a colorful "pink and purple" deck, althought there's plenty of other sumptuous colors. I think of it as refined fabric art for those who enjoy textiles and a kind of comforting or soft look to some very interesting ideas. I've not done the suggested 'spell' but I've found the suggestions creative and kind.
I think the work to create it was wonderful.

The Nigel Jackson has interesting, energetic art and I can see great care was taken for it. I can see it being appealing to those who like the colors and as an integrated design. It's come my way a few times, but I have an interesting time just with my reproductions of older decks...so I've sent it on with thanks to other homes.

I hope you are enjoying the feel of your new decks.

Cerulean

Rachel Nguyen

I have the Nigel Jackson and although I have a great deal of respect for him, (he is a regular over on TarotL) I am not in love with the deck. I am not crazy about the art work. Also, he has switched the elements of air and fire, which weirds me out.

I will probably be selling or offering to trade this one at some point.

Love,
Rachel

Kiama

I fell in love with the Nigel Jackson upon its original release... so much so that it replaced my faithful Robin Wood for about 6 months! (It takes something pretty amazing for me to abandon my Robin Wood.) I love the artwork, and there is so much symbolism in the cards... even though on first glance they look simple.

Kiama