Oracle of the Radiant Sun - #3 Mercury in Gemini

Ruby7

This is the Third House card in the Mercury suit.

Mercury is the suit of change and the nature of Gemini is mental awareness.

Third House: mental ability, communication.

The title of this card is "Excitement".

Description of image: "On a prancing, nervous horse, a sagacious figure blows a great horn, the echoes broadcasting like rays across a cloudy sky. Behind, an old, venerated tower symbolizes past wisdom and achievement."

Does any one who has this decks have any thoughts on this card?

Ruby7

zorya

the old tower also links to communication for me, as towers were used to spread news from, either by shouting or fires.

i find the rays (of light?) just below the dark clouds to be interesting, as if it is saying communication can bring light to a dark and confusing situation.

the horse looks like it is barely controlled, tense with energy and requiring great discipline to stay still. perhaps this can be read as, when the mind wants to jump from one place to another, by exercising discipline, great power and energy can be harnessed.

btw, the horn appears to be a shofar.

Ruby7

Thanks for your very insightful and interesting thoughts Zorya. The cloud and the light are a very interesting contrast. I wonder if there is any significance to the sky being pink?

I just got this deck and am randomly picking cards and getting to know them.

Have you used the deck a lot? And if so, do you find it very effective for readings?

All the best,
Ruby7

zorya

i got the radiant sun at the same time as the moon oracle (also by smith and alstrop). since i have followed moon cycles closely for a long time, i found myself using the moon oracle more, and have only read with the radiant sun a few times.

your post inspired me to get it out again. it is a lovely deck. :)

uwe

moon oracle

I've been told that the moon oracle cards are by far the most uncannily accurate cards you can buy (apparently!). I just wondered if there is any truth in that. I haven't got the cards myself, so maybe some of you can shed any light on that. I'm looking forward to any opinions on the matter.
Kind regards

Uwe

Ruby7

Hi Uwe,

I don't have The Moon Oracle myself so I can't answer your question.

Since this is a thread to do with The Oracle of The Radiant Sun folks that use the Moon Oracle will probably not see your question. I would suggest that you start a new thread on The Moon Oracle and ask your question again. Or do a search for other threads on The Moon Oracle. Good luck!

all the best,
Ruby7