Oranum - advice, thoughts, opinions, etc?

Para

I know this has been covered before on AT. but the threads were old.

Has anyone worked at Oranum as a video psychic?

They state to pay you $15 per hr for sitting on the free chat plus commissions/private readings.

How much money can you make over time if you build your profile?

And what has your overall experience been?

Asking because I just got a job there and want to make the most of it.

Achlys

After seeing this company steal art from Baba Studios, that ruined any and all credibility they may have. I'd say pass since clearly they don't have much ethics. Especially since once they were called out on it, their initial reaction was to just block people and not own up to it until they realized enough people had caught on that they couldn't hide it.

Para

After seeing this company steal art from Baba Studios, that ruined any and all credibility they may have. I'd say pass since clearly they don't have much ethics. Especially since once they were called out on it, their initial reaction was to just block people and not own up to it until they realized enough people had caught on that they couldn't hide it.

Not really answering the questions in the original post but OK. Thanks for sharing.

Beanfeasa

I wouldn't trust them after that either, I would expect they treat their staff rather poorly, and not in the clever kind of way.

gregory

I wouldn't trust them after that either, I would expect they treat their staff rather poorly, and not in the clever kind of way.
I'd agree. I wouldn't want to work for a company with that kind of ethics - and I'd feel like that even if they paid well. Also - I would never ask for a reading with a company like that, and I imagine word is getting around. I know I tell people not to go there, if they ask.
Not really answering the questions in the original post but OK. Thanks for sharing.
Oh but it is. Achlys's experience of them is that they are cheats. That's something worth thinking about.

Awkward.turtle91

I don't like oranum.

They're awful, after being on the receiving end of the "physics." They'd push you to leave feed back and it you complained to the company about how awful the psychic was the company would use said "feed back against you."

If they were loyal and honest they would have refunded me my money if I had an issue, but they didn't they gave me "credit and kept doing so."
I don't believe there are many true psychics on there at all, if you look up reviews and stuff on the page you'll see a lot of people share a negative opinion on the company.

I wouldn't trust it as a customer, in fact I don't even click on it any more. I hardly believe in psychics now days due to the experience.

But this is my opinion on the company. :)

Para

Okay thank you for sharing. I'll experience them myself and then make an opinion. I just need some extra money at the moment. But regardless of the many negative reviews, why are they listed as the second best online psychic place in 2016 on some lists?

Ethics, I get, but I feel like some things are misunderstood about a company like that. I've worked in a professional psychic setting before and there was a lot of misunderstandings about the company and 'professional psychic' readings. Just my two cents as well.

Thanks for the heads up.

Para

I'd agree. I wouldn't want to work for a company with that kind of ethics - and I'd feel like that even if they paid well. Also - I would never ask for a reading with a company like that, and I imagine word is getting around. I know I tell people not to go there, if they ask.

Oh but it is. Achlys's experience of them is that they are cheats. That's something worth thinking about.

I don't know about that because I saw a list with Oranum as second best online psychic network to work at for 2016. I'll keep everything that is said in mind and after awhile working there will make up my mind.

Why chuck a good experience away especially if it's making a little extra money every week while searching for a real job?

gregory

Okay thank you for sharing. I'll experience them myself and then make an opinion. I just need some extra money at the moment. But regardless of the many negative reviews, why are they listed as the second best online psychic place in 2016 on some lists?
It's called paid advertising. The same thing that makes rubbish sites show up at the top of google searches until you find out how to block them. })

I can't remember enough about the thread to post details just now, but there was some woman who had won x number of awards. None of us knew what they were; we all googled like mad; one site she had bought one for herself - any of us could - and the other sites who had given her the rest of the "awards" were owned by her company.

Ethics, I get, but I feel like some things are misunderstood about a company like that. I've worked in a professional psychic setting before and there was a lot of misunderstandings about the company and 'professional psychic'.
There is no misunderstanding about copyright theft.

Good luck to you if you need the money, but I doubt if anyone here will be directing people to you. There are better companies who pay well - if you check threads here, many members work for them rather than Oranum.

Awkward.turtle91

Ethics, I get, but I feel like some things are misunderstood about a company like that. I've worked in a professional psychic setting before and there was a lot of misunderstandings about the company and 'professional psychic' readings. Just my two cents as well.

Thanks for the heads up.

How can not giving a customer back their money be a misunderstanding?, they refused to to give me my a refund, they kept giving me store credit in hope that I'd go away and just continue on with the site? a few "psychics on that side attempted to add me on social media."
Sorry it's not an ethical company. When I've been to psychics before they've never once gone to me "have you got this I can add you on after." I've walked out the door listen to what they've said and come back, that's how you do it ethically and professionally.

Advertisements that's how they can get the second best online psychic place in the world, it's the Internet they can write what they please.

If that's the sort of company you wish to work for, to earn a living knowing what we've mentioned to you so be it, I do wish you the best and I hope you get what you need from it. But I do hope you take or advice and experience on board.