ORC#2 - Faunabay & Bat Chicken

Bat Chicken

This Month's Spread:

We are going to go with a simple one card/stave reading. This may help everyone get used to the trees and draw a little on the intuitive elements in a reading.

1. Draw a single card/stave for your partner
2. Before reaching for the book - get a feeling for the tree - look at the elements in the card, the colour, the mood, the shape of the tree. (If you are using a stave - feel the symbol and write down whatever comes to mind - think about the tree the symbol represents)
3. See how the book meaning relate to what you got yourself

Hopefully we can start to create a relationship with the trees with this kind of method and focus on one symbol at a time!

You can look at a specific issue or make it a general reading, it's up to you!

Faunabay! Looking forward to reading with you this month! :D
A general reading I think would be best for me! It's easier to go with the instincts!
How about you?

faunabay

I'm with you - I think a general for me too. :)

It's fun to do these readings because I've never really done any with my ogham decks before. So bare with me while I'm learning. LOL

Bat Chicken

I am completely with you there... That's why I wanted to try something this month that might help the learning process! :)

I am going have a look at this next week... I think this is going to be fun!:D

Bat Chicken

Pfew - What a week! I am just about caught up... I wanted to have some time to spend on this. Should have your reading for you on the weekend!

faunabay

No worries hon! I've been really busy too. Hopefully can get yours done soon as well. :)

Bat Chicken

Reading for Faunabay

Card drawn: Huath - Hawthorne

Before I turn over the card I wait for impressions. Sometimes they are unrelated on the surface, sometimes they are literal. Tonight they were literal. I saw an 'eye' with blue in it that seemed to transform into a white flower. Rose jumped to mind. When I turned over the card, the flowers, the 'eye' and blue were all there. Let me know if you need a scan.

Interestingly, Hawthorne is of the family Rosacae - the same family as the rose. It makes sense - it has white to red flowers and thorns. The fruit of the hawthorne very much resembles rosehips.

The first thing that I noticed when I turned over the card was the apparent contradiction of Spring, flowers, green, blue sky and the tangled and dark overhang of the tree itself - blocking out almost all other things. The standing stones which are clearly representations of fertility are behind the tree.

There are complications and ambivalence surrounding a relationship close to you. It could be a mate or a child or even a friend. There is a new beginning of sorts in the making, but patience is required. Acting now might not make for best results. The hawthorne marks a time of transition. The tree can be shelter or defense depending on what you need.

The natural association of hawthorne is with the faeires - it is a lucky tree and the tree of bardic satire. Its association with fertility is ancient and was resisted by the Church by the telling of new stories. Ancient culture sees the tree and its female scented flowers as celebration and the making of love; the Church culture - chastity and impenetrable hedgerow that blocks the people from their lands.

There is going to be a brief time of challenge, one that brings with it a fear. Fear of change, the unknown, that will be followed by hope and celebration.

I also got the sense of 'Father'. Some male ancestor having some influence on this relationship. The tree is a 'magical barrier' that once crossed brings great things including that new beginning.

Patience, love and rest are Hawthorne's advice.

faunabay

I meant to come back this afternoon and post feedback, but got caught up. I've got the afternoon off tomorrow though so plan on giving feedback and doing your reading. :) Just to let you know I haven't forgotten. :)

Bat Chicken

No worries! :)

faunabay

Reading for Bat Chicken

Well as I was shuffling Bramble fell out of the deck. So I guess it really wanted to come out and give you a message. :) I'm using Ogham - The Celtic Oracle.

This card shows a couple kissing under a starry sky, with a gold crown hovering over their heads in the air. Pan is in the lower corner with his pipe. There are also 2 swans floating around in the water.

Everything I see is pointing to relationships...coming together...making a connection. Even though Pan is down in the corner and they're kissing I feel this is pointing to more of an innocent, airy type of love, not the passionate, earthy love. Maybe because the couple does fade away as you go down their bodies. It's only their heads that are truely solid.

Let's see what the book has to say........OK, I was seeing some things but not putting them together in quite the correct way. The airy aspect I was seeing was the mental/thought processes bramble points to. Seeing the many paths in front of you and choosing wisely. Not to get lost in the twists and turns of the paths in front of you.....staying true to yourself and who you love. Listen to your own heart and intuition, don't get swayed by the judgement of others.

So listen to your heart and those you love and trust....don't let Pan sway you with promises of greed and ego, and you will come out ahead with the knowledge and wisdom that you've picked up by traveling the twisty turny path of the bramble. :heart:

faunabay

Bat Chicken said:
Card drawn: Huath - Hawthorne

Before I turn over the card I wait for impressions. Sometimes they are unrelated on the surface, sometimes they are literal. Tonight they were literal. I saw an 'eye' with blue in it that seemed to transform into a white flower. Rose jumped to mind. When I turned over the card, the flowers, the 'eye' and blue were all there. Let me know if you need a scan.

Interestingly, Hawthorne is of the family Rosacae - the same family as the rose. It makes sense - it has white to red flowers and thorns. The fruit of the hawthorne very much resembles rosehips.
I love roses! So that does make perfect sense when thinking of me. :)

Bat Chicken said:
The first thing that I noticed when I turned over the card was the apparent contradiction of Spring, flowers, green, blue sky and the tangled and dark overhang of the tree itself - blocking out almost all other things. The standing stones which are clearly representations of fertility are behind the tree.

There are complications and ambivalence surrounding a relationship close to you. It could be a mate or a child or even a friend. There is a new beginning of sorts in the making, but patience is required. Acting now might not make for best results. The hawthorne marks a time of transition. The tree can be shelter or defense depending on what you need.
I'm not sure about a specific relationship, but I am going through a huge transition time myself. I am focusing on opening my heart chakra more so I can draw to myself a more healthy relationship.

Bat Chicken said:
The natural association of hawthorne is with the faeires - it is a lucky tree and the tree of bardic satire. Its association with fertility is ancient and was resisted by the Church by the telling of new stories. Ancient culture sees the tree and its female scented flowers as celebration and the making of love; the Church culture - chastity and impenetrable hedgerow that blocks the people from their lands.
I had to laugh when i saw this because the faeries are around me all the time! I talk to, laugh with, and communicate with them constantly. LOL So this was very appropriate. The faeries are the ones helping me with this heart chakra stuff....well and the angels, but the faeries are front and center.

Bat Chicken said:
There is going to be a brief time of challenge, one that brings with it a fear. Fear of change, the unknown, that will be followed by hope and celebration.
I have had alot of fear with this transition and heart opening. I've been fighting it quite a bit. Finally (just within the last day or so) I've released some of the fear though, and have begun working more closely on it.

Bat Chicken said:
I also got the sense of 'Father'. Some male ancestor having some influence on this relationship. The tree is a 'magical barrier' that once crossed brings great things including that new beginning.
This is very interesting and hopeful for me. I've never had a great relationship with my father in this life (we're finally speaking once again after a break of 8 years). I've always longed for a true father figure. I will see if I can connect with him and see what comes from it.

Bat Chicken said:
Patience, love and rest are Hawthorne's advice.
Which are sometimes the hardest things to do aren't they? LOL I will take this to heart and practice patience. I know I need to give myself more rest. And I'm working on the love stuff. :laugh: :heart: