pacificwaters & myself ~Summer 2017 ~ Practice exchange

CosmicBeing

6 The near future: 8/Disks (Prudence) (Sun in Virgo)

We had the nine of swords come up here in our newbie exchange.

The card here advices caution. Things have been falling pretty much the way you wanted until now. However they will not necessarily continue to be smooth. You can expect a bit of hiccups. Interesting that we even had the nine of swords in the last exchange here. But comparatively i would say that the 8/disks is a better card to have as compared to the nine of swords. This card is for Sun in Virgo, the sixth house of enemies and obstacles. Sun being a malefic you can expect hurdles, but you can also rest assured that you would be going through them as well. So hurdles yes, but not roadblocks! You journey towards achieving higher education would definitely continue..
Some hurdles may be having to move long distance (if possibility), having to pay university, (my lease is almost up) so having to find an affordable place to live.. maybe some internal stuff I have to overcome.

6th house I think is also tied to illness, our work environment, those that work below us, our colleagues, our efforts. 6th is originally ruled by virgo..and well mercury is known for his wit. I have read that mercury is considered malefic generally....but then I heard other times it is not.

Sun in a normal chart would be 5th house lord and also karaka for father/higher education (9th), career/king (10th), the body (1st house).

I was reading this vedic article about planets and everything about them.
In the article it spoke that sun is strong in the 6th house...which I could see I suppose...sun is very strong and blinding...so it could overcome. Most malifics in a upachaya usually does well..and I don't think spoils anything.

I feel more ready to go back to university and leave stuff behind. Since this is near future I wil have to update you.

7 The querent´s influence on the situation: The Tower (Mars)

This card and more importantly its planetary association to that of Mars reeks of immense aggression and steadfastness on your side. I feel whatever hurdles come your way, which in all possibility would be administrative issues at the most, you would be handling them by the horns. All your energies would be directed at seeing these hurdles through. Haste on your side might as well be obvious.

I could see this being true....it is kinda what I am dealing with right now when trying to plan to go back to further my education. I am really looking over the paperwork (administrative stuff) that needs to be done and also gathering everything I need to go with the paperwork.

Trying to get a check list in order.

8 The environment´s (third parties) influence in the matter: 5/Disks (Worry) (Mercury in Taurus)

Just wondering if it would be your aggression that could have the environment (read authorities) be vindictive or the other way round. There is a good amount of presence of Mercury in this reading. While mercury is also about education and the childlike attitude to get whatever he wants by hook or crook, it can also signify a tongue which can be let loose and cause unseen hurt. The image for this card is that of a reversed pentagram. So possibly some things are going to turn turtle. It might be in the near future (since the card here advised caution). Somehow i am inclined to think that it would be the way things (via the environment) would shape up which would incite the aggressor in you. Not sure about this... I know right now...I am really anxious and worried about applying to schools. I am not the type to get very friendly with teachers or anyone in authority....I usually keep my distance and try to not get too involved with them. I suppose I have a mistrustful view of them.
So I usually stay very proper....but this may be something else that develops.
I suppose I will see.

Also worried that when I became very ill I hit some bumps in my education. I hardly am the type to believe people are forgiving. So not believing that any school would be understanding.

I've notice I have became very mistrustful in the last 2 - 3 years...which is just a sign I need to take time for myself and just focus on myself.

9 Guidance: Princess of Wands (Earth of Fire)

I would read this card as grounding of your fire energy (read aggression). Rein in your aggression. These are just minor hurdles coming your way. Therefore do not waste your momentum in these issues. Things will work up on their own with probably just a minor push considering that the next card is the best one possible!

Well that is good. I think the aggression may be defensiveness or do you view aggression and defensiveness as being different?

10 Long term outcome: The Empress (Venus)

Venus is rajsik, airy and Brahmin. Brahmins as per Vedic literature are the learned class. It is also the karaka of luxury (could this be indicative of your inclination towards architecture?). Speaking from the Tarot viewpoint this is a card which hints at growth and the beginning of new life. You could therefore anticipate nurturance of your dreams of pursuing education from university. Good things would come as you cross your hurdles and once done (as in terms of basic formalities), everything should be smooth (once the seed is planted in the embryo of the Empress).

:thumbsup:
Looks very positive... I suppose we'll find out which career focus the universe allows me to enter into. I mean that is all I have left now is to just take a leap and have faith that I don't land in a pile of poop lol

I do notice I am someone who is very into the good life... just how I am made.
So if something is not upper to par for me...like very well taken care of it drives me insane..almost like a perfectionist.

So that’s it. Dont know how i have fared. Thoth and CC are two big things individually. I am sure there might be more layers to this reading that I may not have uncovered. Looking forward to your take on this

I think you fared very well. Let me know if my feedback was good or if you need me to clarify any of my feedback. Thank you for doing this!

pacificwaters

Thank you for your indepth feedback.

And just as you are excited about knowing which stream you enter into, I too am equally interested, coz knowing that I would be able to see (going back) what the cards were telling about your career.

Coming to your take about malefics being good in upachaya houses. I do agree equally with you, but of late I came to know something more about it. Just sharing it...A malefic in upachaya first gives trouble and then helps overcome it. As an example, a strong malefic here can give big/strong enemies but it will also help overcome these enemies! So a glitch would be there, except that one can tide over it!

Let me know if you have more questions :) to read

CosmicBeing

pacificwaters:

Hello cosmicbeing,

Thank you for the reading and the way you broke the question in two was also interesting. It sorts of answers my questions better :)Happy how I formulated the reading tackled your question better.

Havent ever heard of the focal card as such. So this was a new one for me. The max I ever delved into was Quint and the shadow card. So as per your reading you consider the central card and see how it rhymes with the cards around it??
Yep, I notice at least for myself the central card acts as the answer/main theme of the reading...almost like the subject or verb and the cards around it act as the adjective/adverb......so action...description of action or subject...description of subject.

It has worked well for me in the past I feel. But I usually just read the cards how I feel is right at that moment...no problem with switching it up. But this is usually the method I seem to follow the most.

In this case the advice of 8/cups and Ace/Wands, doesn’t it seem contrary? I mean like walking away and also a new beginning/new energy into study of astrology…! I wouldn’t question your reading , its just that the focal card has me a bit confused. I'm mirroring the 8 of cups and ace of wands as giving me a single sentence...so walking away (8 of cups) from a hobby you are starting (ace of wands.)

I think you will find a system that is better for you whether that other system ends up tying some astrology with it. I don't think it will be astrology that will give you the most valuable information to help you on your path in your life (at least at this moment.)

Coming to the reading, well as of now I am indeed in a weird state of mind. I am re-approaching astrology and going through the course again. Lets see where it takes me!At the end it never hurts to know a little astrology even if you don't end up fully using it right now. Tarot and other systems do incorporate various esoteric practices. I mean tarot uses elements,
astrology, seasons, numerology, and just plan symbol. If we are taking about rider waite style..the system probably even incorporates more than I may realize right now.

This was very reassuring to read. As of now yes, in the current state that I find myself in I do indeed find much more revelations in Tarot as compared to astrology. They are therefore also much more easier for me :D I like the way you combined the Sun and magician, with the latter reflecting it back. I guess time will tell what branch of esoteric study I turn to – both or just the Tarot. :thumbsup: You might end up using different esoteric systems that you don't use now in the future. We grow and we sometimes need different methods for different chapters of our life.

Thanks for the reading…

CosmicBeing

Thanks for the reading. It pretty much resonates with what is going on in within me. Will get to the detailed feedback in some time

About another question, well sure. Here goes.... Should I participate this year in a cycling tour scheduled for this August. Deep within I do want to join, but there are a number of factors going around which make me skeptical...!

Let me know your question as well. I would love to keep at your question with the Thoth :)

I took cycling as the exercise where you use the bike to reach certain speeds and so on and so fourth. Funny enough I was just thinking before you posted this...maybe I should join a cycling group. But that might now happen until fall for me.

Anyway....I'm trying to see how well I connect with the tea leaf oracle...so I am combing tea leaf oracle cards with 3 card tarot.

So I reworded it... I left out the should...and said "How will events play out if pacificwaters did join the cycling tour schedule this august?" I figure this will show any issue that may come up that you can tackle before hand.

3 of swords rx - King of cups - Fool
Tear drops - Harp - Dog close up
(great personal sorrow)
(great happiness)
(dog close up)

Well I think the King of cups is positive here....I do think you will get a lot of joy out of this cycling tour...and you may even be more open to people because of the fool following with the oracle card being dog close up. The 3 of swords rx I saw as a release of pain. Then the teardrops indicating great personal sorrows. I think you may be release something during the cycling tour...I keep think something with the knee...a ligament. So this could mean you will be working with your knees to improve them and you may feel pain, but it will be good to release it or you may have to work on stretching your ligaments...you might have knots or tight joints. I do think overall you will have a great time...it looks like you will make good friends....having new experiences and will release whatever stress or whatever else bottled up.

I Hope this made some sense. If this didn't really answers any worries you have you can throw me more questions.

Q: I am curious what type of energies/people I will come in contact with at my new residential location?

pacificwaters

Thank you for that clarification about the focal card. There was a time when I read 3 cards as past-present-future. But now I read them as one continuous sentence. For me it has been working like this. Might try the focal card thing some day!!

As regards the astrology thing, I liked your interp, but as of now I am confused. I might give myself some time to see where and how much I can develop with astrology as an independent science. If in this time frame the progress is not as much as I would have liked, I might switch to tarot solely with astrology as a tool to improve tarot. I one day wish to supplement tarot readings with prashn/horary. Lets see if I can ever reach that status...Fingers crossed !!!

I took cycling as the exercise where you use the bike to reach certain speeds and so on and so fourth. Funny enough I was just thinking before you posted this...maybe I should join a cycling group. But that might now happen until fall for me.

Don't postpone. Go for it. Cycle away to happiness and health!!! :)

Anyway....I'm trying to see how well I connect with the tea leaf oracle...so I am combing tea leaf oracle cards with 3 card tarot.

So I reworded it... I left out the should...and said "How will events play out if pacificwaters did join the cycling tour schedule this august?" I figure this will show any issue that may come up that you can tackle before hand.

3 of swords rx - King of cups - Fool
Tear drops - Harp - Dog close up
(great personal sorrow)
(great happiness)
(dog close up)

Well I think the King of cups is positive here....I do think you will get a lot of joy out of this cycling tour...and you may even be more open to people because of the fool following with the oracle card being dog close up. The 3 of swords rx I saw as a release of pain. Then the teardrops indicating great personal sorrows. I think you may be release something during the cycling tour...I keep think something with the knee...a ligament. So this could mean you will be working with your knees to improve them and you may feel pain, but it will be good to release it or you may have to work on stretching your ligaments...you might have knots or tight joints. I do think overall you will have a great time...it looks like you will make good friends....having new experiences and will release whatever stress or whatever else bottled up.

I Hope this made some sense. If this didn't really answers any worries you have you can throw me more questions.

Joy, yes no doubt about it. I do want to go to this tour. It will help me catch up with many of my friends with whom I have lost touch. And but yes, it will help me make new friends. All in all its a win win situation, except for 2 things. Firstly finances and secondly this thing about the 3/swords.

I do a yearly spread, and July has the ten of swords lined up for me. So yes, I am tensed about what would be awaiting me this July. Maybe the reversed 3/swords and the teardrops in August has some linkage to the 10/swords in my yearly spread!! That is indeed the second worry about joining the tour after the finances.

About the knee, how did you get that? Well I do have knee issues when I cycle long distances. Its unpredictable as such so I dont know when it would flare. But yes, in this tour which would be of 4 days, it can be a dark horse. Add to it lowerback issues which are more commonly ailing me than the knee issues! Nevertheless wonderful picking up the pain aspect. Am really intrigued how you got that!!

What do you mean by the (dog close up)??

Q: I am curious what type of energies/people I will come in contact with at my new residential location?

Will be going on a bike tour this weekend. So I shall get to doing this reading for you on Monday or Tuesday. Will try to supplement it with a Lenormand reading. Havent used my Lennie for quite some time. This would be a good exercise

CosmicBeing

About the knee, how did you get that? Well I do have knee issues when I cycle long distances. Its unpredictable as such so I dont know when it would flare. But yes, in this tour which would be of 4 days, it can be a dark horse. Add to it lowerback issues which are more commonly ailing me than the knee issues! Nevertheless wonderful picking up the pain aspect. Am really intrigued how you got that!!

What do you mean by the (dog close up)??

Sorry (dog close up) is just the name of the card... I was suppose to put the original meaning of the card in the parentheses. Dog close up just indicates a nearby friend if I remember correctly.

I am not sure how I got it...3 of swords can indicate an injury or pain...and it's not always mental. I have seen it come up for illnesses where someone or an animal is very ill. Since we were talking about biking..my focus was drawn to certain areas of the body which might have this issue...and knee felt like the area.

pacificwaters

So I first read for your question “What type of people would you come in contact with at your new residential location” using the Thoth.

The cards that came up were: The Star – Three of Cups – Ace of Swords

The star card connects for the path 2 – 6 on the tree of life. Both the sephiroths are strong. The zodiac for star sign is Aquarius. Next was the three of cups which is symbolic of mercury in cancer. Ace of Swords was for the Capricorn-Aquarius –Pisces quadrant.

My first belief is that you can expect good company. There would be a good balance of give and take. Somehow I see affluence and abundance (monetarily) in your neighbours. I might be off the track, but this is what I felt Star telling me. No doubt however there would be a good balance between you and your neighbours. They would be intellectually stimulating for you as well and you can expect to get emotionally engrossed in their company. However mercury in Cancer would be advicing you of too much over indulgence lest you be taken for a ride. Just be a bit grounded would be the advice.

This was then also echoed in the Lenormand reading.The cards I got for you here were

Path (22) – Fox (14) – Heart (24)

I have not used the Lenormand as much as I have used Tarot, so I have made a liberal use of the LWB. The presence of fox itself was a bit unnerving and which to me corroborated the last line I wrote in the Thoth interp. The first two cards combine speak of you moving to your new residence as a result of your want to study further. You might also engage in part time jobs to supplement yourself. The second and third card together spoke about being cheated, possibly in matters of the heart. The third and first card hint at break up if you get yourself too much involved.

A reading that hints at mercury not getting too much carried away in the Cancer sign :)

I will post the imagery pics the two spreads tomorrow, dinner time at my place :)

CosmicBeing

I just wanted to acknowledge the reading you gave me. Thank you.

I will be back by Sunday (U.S) at the latest with whatever feedback I could provide.

How did you like combination readings?

If you have any topics you want me to read on...send it my way and I'll post the reading by June 1st.

pacificwaters

Absolutely no issues about the time. This is a slow exchange thread :D

By the way here's the link for the pics of the spreads. Had some unexpected eventualities creep up yesterday which threw my planning off gear and so couldnt post this...

Your idea about combining the two different types of readings was lovely. Gave me a good opportunity to attempt reading with my Lennie which I hadnt since quite some time. I dream of a day when I would be able to to a tarot reading and supplement it with a prashn reading (horary). That's my ultimate goal in esoteric studies *fingers crossed* :D :D If it suits you, maybe we could continue doing this, since for me its a good exercise :D

As regards my question, How do I handle my immediate colleagues and juniors at work?

Whats your question?

CosmicBeing

Yes, I would love to continue doing combination....

I been interested in dice reading and domino reading lately.

I heard prashna & western horary is not as hard as reading birth chart. I haven't tried a western horary in a while. But, I was thinking of buying a prashna.

There is a link of a guy who records lessons....I'll link it here. He teaches vedic.

I am thinking of combining some western practices with vedic. I mean as long as it works it's fine. If it works it works....notice some people are purist.

Anyway it's good this is a slow moving thread. I'm very slow especially lately lmao

Thank you for the images. I might buy a thoth if I have some money...but stuff keeps getting lost in the mail. Luckily amazon can resend it if it gets lost lol.

Let me think of how to word my question. I'll post it sometime this weekend or monday (my question.)