Page Pentacles as feelings?

hulpster

Hi there

Thought i would find some threads on this but couldn't!

What has been your experience with this?

I'm thinking this Page represents feelings fixated on the physical - someone finding the other physically attractive.

What are other takes on this card?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thirteen

Your take sounds right to me. Pages are the "apprentice" card and so indicate newness, immaturity/inexperience and the superficial (the most basic and "childlike" aspect of the suit). Also, on the plus side, they can indicate childlike excitement and awe. So when you get a Page for "feelings" it means that they probably feeling something simple and direct.

Thus, a Pentacle Page as "feelings" could easily be that first "WOW!" of the person seeing someone they find attractive. And their most basic urge to be with that person physically. That said, Pentacles are not impulsive, impatient, careless Wands. Pentacles are concerned about what other people think (what is traditional, socially acceptable), and even the Page moves slowly. So while the person may feel this, they probably also feel cautious, and uncertain of what to do or when to do it. It isn't shyness (that'd be Page/Cups), it's fear of getting it wrong.

AJ

presenting perhaps what he can get rather than what he can give because of his immaturity?

LeFou

Maybe "simply curious."

hulpster

Your take sounds right to me. Pages are the "apprentice" card and so indicate newness, immaturity/inexperience and the superficial (the most basic and "childlike" aspect of the suit). Also, on the plus side, they can indicate childlike excitement and awe. So when you get a Page for "feelings" it means that they probably feeling something simple and direct.

Thus, a Pentacle Page as "feelings" could easily be that first "WOW!" of the person seeing someone they find attractive. And their most basic urge to be with that person physically. That said, Pentacles are not impulsive, impatient, careless Wands. Pentacles are concerned about what other people think (what is traditional, socially acceptable), and even the Page moves slowly. So while the person may feel this, they probably also feel cautious, and uncertain of what to do or when to do it. It isn't shyness (that'd be Page/Cups), it's fear of getting it wrong.

Thanks Thirteen, this makes sense. How would you distinguish between the Ace Pentacles as feelings compared with the Page? I also see the Ace as being new feelings but less focussed than the Page. The Page makes me think that person has put some thought into their feelings about X whereas the Ace shows that the person's feelings for X are that they represent an opportunity but they may not necessarily have any strong feelings for the person.

hulpster

presenting perhaps what he can get rather than what he can give because of his immaturity?

Thanks for this view! I hadn't thought of that perspective before but can see how it applies. Someone focussed on the other's monetary worth perhaps.

hulpster

Maybe "simply curious."

Okay I'll ponder this one. I normally see the Page Swords as the curious one because he is exploring thoughts. Thanks!

Thirteen

A flickering spark or a fragile sprout...

Thanks Thirteen, this makes sense. How would you distinguish between the Ace Pentacles as feelings compared with the Page? I also see the Ace as being new feelings but less focussed than the Page.
Both are new, yes, but Aces are a flicker inside that could vanish as easily as catch fire. Ace feelings really have to be carefully nurtured. Page feelings, on the other hand, are more like a seed sprouting. They want to survive.

Putting it another way, Pents also mean "Luck." So, "I feel lucky!" An Ace/Pentacles feeling says as the person sees their blind date. At the end of the night, that feeling might lead them to say "Let's do that again," or "That was great, but I don't need more." Any little thing might make them want more, or decide that was all there was, the end. A person feeling Page/Pents, however, says "I feel so lucky, I hope I don't mess this up..." on seeing their blind date. There is, in the feeling, some motivation to keep it going. It's still delicate, as all new things are, and could easily end, but it wants to grow.

Enlightenment23

Okay I'll ponder this one. I normally see the Page Swords as the curious one because he is exploring thoughts. Thanks!

I agree with LeFou on this one with my own experience.

The Page of Pentacles is inspecting his little pentacle like, "Wow, look at that. This is so interesting to me! What is it about? What does it do? What can this teach me?" So I've seen, as feelings, this card pop up as, "Hmmm. Very interesting. This person is very interesting to me. What else can I learn from him/her?"

hulpster

I agree with LeFou on this one with my own experience.

The Page of Pentacles is inspecting his little pentacle like, "Wow, look at that. This is so interesting to me! What is it about? What does it do? What can this teach me?" So I've seen, as feelings, this card pop up as, "Hmmm. Very interesting. This person is very interesting to me. What else can I learn from him/her?"

Oh I understand now Enlightenment23, this makes more sense. Focussed on something and analysing it with curiosity.