Page/Swords RX + 5/Swords RX as Creative gifts

liberated inferno

I discovered a spread on youtube that was inspired by Elizabeth Gilbert's book, Big Magic which talks about fear and the creative process.

I will post the full reading later on but I'm confused as to how to interpret these to cards in context of the reading.

The Page of Swords RX represents my "most accessible creative gift that I'm aware of" while the 5 of Swords RX represents "a buried creative gift that I have resistance towards".

Okaaaayyyyy...

When i think of the Page/Swords RX as a gift, I think of the things that the reversed paged doesn't do, but I also think of things that have outgrown the upright page.

But that doesn't explain why it's there and not say, a Knight of Swords or someone with more skills in the swords department.

So then I think of the possibility that the creative gift could be that I avoid nasty attributes of the reversed page such as gossip and general communicative recklessness.

I'm quite confused over this. And even more confused over the pair due to it being swords and one of them being a 5. I can see that maybe my hidden gift is possibly knowing how to choose my battles and knowing how to rise above the BS, but that's all I got.

How do these cards represent creative gifts that I need to nurture and develop?

Saskia

The Page of Swords RX represents my "most accessible creative gift that I'm aware of" while the 5 of Swords RX represents "a buried creative gift that I have resistance towards".

Hi LI, this is how I see these cards:

Firstly, I don't read reversals as simple negatives or opposites of the upright. They also talk about timing (is the energy waxing or waning), "growing out of something", or, reversals can mean other people instead of the sitter.

Page of Swords Rx could mean that you have the ability to spark curiosity in others, or you are good with seeing the childlike creative abilities in others. Are you a person who's a good conversation companion, or do you have vivid imagination and are able to show the world as a fascinating, intriguing and extraordinary place to others?

Or, do you have the ability to take interesting, curiosity-evoking or even weird matters in your hands, look at them and then interpret them in a more mature and focused manner than the Page normally would? In essence, I think this revolves around curiosity, innovation, intrigue and a fresh new take.

5 Swords Rx can talk about the ability to calm down other people (or yourself). You are able to see when arguments don't lead anywhere and know how to stop them. You rather bring things to light and make issues or problems transparent - and inspire or prompt other people to do this too - instead of playing mental games, suppressing issues or manipulating others.

5 Swords IMO is about dishonesty, arguments and unfairness, whereas 5 Swords Rx is about stepping out of it or calming it down. Maybe your resistance is caused by the fact that you don't recognise this skill, or don't know how to use it creatively. Note that creative does not mean: artistic. It can also mean innovative and flexible in problem solving = out of the box - thinking.

Let me know how these sound!

liberated inferno

Hi LI, this is how I see these cards:

Firstly, I don't read reversals as simple negatives or opposites of the upright. They also talk about timing (is the energy waxing or waning), "growing out of something", or, reversals can mean other people instead of the sitter.

Page of Swords Rx could mean that you have the ability to spark curiosity in others, or you are good with seeing the childlike creative abilities in others. Are you a person who's a good conversation companion, or do you have vivid imagination and are able to show the world as a fascinating, intriguing and extraordinary place to others?

Or, do you have the ability to take interesting, curiosity-evoking or even weird matters in your hands, look at them and then interpret them in a more mature and focused manner than the Page normally would? In essence, I think this revolves around curiosity, innovation, intrigue and a fresh new take.

5 Swords Rx can talk about the ability to calm down other people (or yourself). You are able to see when arguments don't lead anywhere and know how to stop them. You rather bring things to light and make issues or problems transparent - and inspire or prompt other people to do this too - instead of playing mental games, suppressing issues or manipulating others.

5 Swords IMO is about dishonesty, arguments and unfairness, whereas 5 Swords Rx is about stepping out of it or calming it down. Maybe your resistance is caused by the fact that you don't recognise this skill, or don't know how to use it creatively. Note that creative does not mean: artistic. It can also mean innovative and flexible in problem solving = out of the box - thinking.

Let me know how these sound!

NAILED IT. Let me explain:

In regards to the Reversed Page, I definitely have a very vivid imagination along with a focused curiosity. I often take a lot of the subjects or inspirations out of context in order to free associate them with random things. This is often the start of my creative process, or a problem solving exercise.

With the 5 of Swords Reversed, it's interesting you say this because I KNOW that I have this gift, but I'm not aware of it when I use it. It's almost an instinct versus a skill, and after those situations pass, I often wonder how I was able to do that. I do wonder if it is driven by a resistance to manipulation and mind games because I absolutely detest those things.

I'm very impressed by your interpretation of the reversals and it really sparked a desire to investigate this perspective further. Did you find this in a book or was this shaped through experience? It's very fascinating.

Thank you so much for your reply, I will continue the discussion of the complete reading over in your thread.