Pain- Three Days Grace (Influence)

KMilliron

Pain- Three Days Grace (Depression Bad habits Etc)

Pain by Three Days Grace
>>Lyrics Here<<

This song is very masochist. The basic idea can be summed up in one line "I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all" and because it's so simplistic, so shall this spread be.

**2**1**3**
**4**5**
Card one; You. Card two; Your Apathy. Card three; Your pain.
Cards four and five; advice

"You're sick of feeling numb. You're not the only one. I'll take you by the hand, And I'll show you a world that you can understand. This life is filled with hurt When happiness doesn't work. Trust me and take my hand. When the lights go out you will understand"

Card one is your present position and attitude. Card two is your troubles, what's making you feel this way. Card three is the unhealthy way you try to deal with these things. Card four and five serve as advice. They may depict actions to take, things to consider, or people to go to.
I normally include outcome cards but in this case the outcome is all up to you.

Hope this helps at least someone. Lemme know.
-KM

rosegold

I love short simple spreads that focus more on advice than on outcomes, so I can't wait to try this one! I was just a little curious about how to read two or more advice cards. Do you combine the meanings to get one message or read each card separately?

KMilliron

rosegold said:
I love short simple spreads that focus more on advice than on outcomes, so I can't wait to try this one! I was just a little curious about how to read two or more advice cards. Do you combine the meanings to get one message or read each card separately?
I read them together. But it's all about preference. For example I just pulled out two cards, King of Cups, and four of wands, necronomicon deck. One is about emotional contentment, and the other card is a bout relationship foundations. Together I'd read them about being content with what you have rather than persuing anything new, if that makes sense.

rosegold

"pain" spread

This spread is helpful! I did a reading for myself with it but read a couple of the cards a little differently from what you first suggested (oops! I didn't mean to but sometimes the cards have a bossy way of telling me what questions to ask, lol!). I read "Apathy" as things around me that I don't appreciate enough, and "Pain" as things I care too much about (in an unhealthy, obsessive kind of way). I learned a lot from the reading and owe you a big thanks, KM!

Linh

Yet another great spread! Thanks KM :)
I just thought of an idea. Since you're so creative, would you be willing to look at some of my favorite songs and make a spread out of one or a few of them? If you're interested I'll send you a PM, I'll keep the songs under 5 so you won't have to spend all day listening to them :D

KMilliron

Linh said:
Yet another great spread! Thanks KM :)
I just thought of an idea. Since you're so creative, would you be willing to look at some of my favorite songs and make a spread out of one or a few of them? If you're interested I'll send you a PM, I'll keep the songs under 5 so you won't have to spend all day listening to them :D
Yeah I have one someone else has requested, and I'm in a napping mood today, but after all that, no problem. Haha.

crazystargrl

Thanks for this spread. :) I found it helpful.