Palmistry study group : Hand shapes

Kimberly

*edit* WHOOPS!

Looks like I need to start a new thread for my question actually, sorry 'bout that! (I didn't realize that till now *shakes head* silly kimmee!).

By the way, question on hand shapes... can somone be psychic, without having psychic shapes hands?

I'm guessing the answer is yes, but you never know... :)

Alissa

geministar said:
Do you find that a persons hand type relates to their star sign? :)
I'm very ignorant on astology, I've not done comparisons such as this, but someone with talent and interest in both fields could probably write an entire dissertation (and then see if Llewellyn wants to publish it) on the subject of how hand shapes and star signs (sun signs and rising?) correlated.

Go for it!! :D

Alissa

kimmee said:
By the way, question on hand shapes... can somone be psychic, without having psychic shapes hands?

I'm guessing the answer is yes, but you never know... :)
You guessed correct! There are other marks on the palm which indicate either an interest (such as the mystical cross) or a talent/ability (such as the Intuition line) in psychic matters.

I'm not sure that I ever linked this, but in just in case... my article from a yearish ago about Hand shapes, it says many of the same things as are presented in this post, just a bit more eloquently.

Rainbow Aurora

Thank you Alissa

Thank you Alissa for your Palmistry threads. I am
carefully reading through them.

I have always held an interest in this form of divination
but now I want to learn much more and discovering
your threads has certainly whet my appetite.

So this Water hand is on the search for ~
Language of the Hand by Cheiro to go along with
my copy of Palmistry - Your Life In Your Hands by
Beryl B. Hutchinson. Would anyone be able to advise
on any other books they feel are a *must*. In the mean
time I find myself furtively starting to check out the
neighbours hand shapes as I chat to them.:) I hope to
be able to contribute more shortly.

Rainbow Aurora

Alissa

You are most welcome, Rainbow Aurora, and I'm glad the work is still getting attention and sparking people's own interests in furthering their personal study! :D

Richard Webster's "Revealing Hands" is a nice modern reference, with very clear examples (unlike Cheiro's examples, which are truly non-user friendly). As I've preached, most modern palmistry techniques are built from Cheiro's examples, which makes Cheiro the penultimate source for Western palmistry. But Cheiro's book is soooo hard to use - he puts his visual examples on illustrations that are dozens of pages away from the accompanying text. (Talk about bad layout!)

(I see there are some dirt cheap copies of Webster's on amazon too... the man should gimme a cut of his royalties for all the recommendations, eh? }) )

Keigh

I picked up this book recently: Palms Up! A Handy Guide to 21st-Century Palmistry by Sheila Lyon & Mark Sherman

They have a very different take on palmistry....I'm not sure if I should continue reading it or not.....has anyone read this? Comments?

Keigh