Pathwork with Tarot..read it a few times...tell me more please.

cj

Hi all,

I have read 2 or 3 things over the last few days about pathwork...

Will someone let me know what pathwork is and how it is tied to the Tarot.

as always - Thanks for the info.

cj

hippychick

Pathwork is a kind of guided visualisation in which you enter an inner world to learn, to transform, to connect with spirit guides, deities, or aspects of yourself, to do magic - anything you want to do!

Tarot cards can be very useful in pathworkings, if you particularly want to work with one of the issues or the energies related to a particular card. The first pathworking I ever did, back when I was still learning Tarot, was spontaneous - I looked into the Strength card of the Rider-Waite pack and "entered" the card, using the border of the picture as a doorway (this is a common way to use a Tarot card in pathworking). You must make sure to leave the card by that same doorway though! Not doing so can leave all kinds of psychic debris lying around in your ordinary life.

peace
hc

Jewel

In addition to what Hippychick noted for you there is also pathworking with the Qabalah where you study the Tarot card correspondences on the Tree of Life to study their deeper meaning. Cards 1-10 are represented by each of the 10 Sephiroth on the Tree of Life, and each Major Arcana card by one of the 22 paths. Please see the "Tarot & Tree of Life" posting in this forum for additional information.

cj

Quote:hippychick (25 Oct, 2001 03:01):
Pathwork is a kind of guided visualisation in which you enter an inner world to learn, to transform, to connect with spirit guides, deities, or aspects of yourself, to do magic - anything you want to do!

Tarot cards can be very useful in pathworkings, if you particularly want to work with one of the issues or the energies related to a particular card. The first pathworking I ever did, back when I was still learning Tarot, was spontaneous - I looked into the Strength card of the Rider-Waite pack and "entered" the card, using the border of the picture as a doorway (this is a common way to use a Tarot card in pathworking). You must make sure to leave the card by that same doorway though! Not doing so can leave all kinds of psychic debris lying around in your ordinary life.

peace
hc

hc, Jewel,

Thank you for the info. I am going to try it.

cj

fairyhedgehog

If you are interested, there are some suggestions about visualisations generally on my website, plus several links to other sites which have pathworkings.

Regards,

FH

cj

Quote:fairyhedgehog (03 Nov, 2001 04:09):
If you are interested, there are some suggestions about visualisations generally on my website, plus several links to other sites which have pathworkings.

Regards,

FH

Thank you for the link..your site is great.

cj