pathworking

deso

Has anyone ever done pathworking on the tree of life? I'd love to hear about your experiences.

jade

i don't understand your question?

???
jade

deso

Hi Jade! Knowing a little bit of your background (tiny bit), I'm sure you've done a lot of this type of thing already - just under a different name or system. Pathworking on the Qabalistic tree of life involves using different tarot cards (using certain rituals, meditations, visualizations, etc.) to move from one Sephirah ( a sphere of awareness) to another until one has completed all ten sephiroth. These are the paths - and they cover the tree from many many angles. This pathworking is undertaken in order to fully fuse body,personality, soul, spirit, so that one can be fully conscious in any realm, be it supernal or mundane. Hope this helps!

jade

never done it, never heard of doing it and so THERE. that's all LOL

(see i don't know it all, i haven't done it all, it just seems that way LOL)

laughing at myself,
jade :D :D :-D

jade

almost everything that i have learned has come from intuitive readings or meditations. i don't read books on spirituality. (not like normal people anyways, i just open a book to a page, read it and close the book).

i learn from listening, experiencing, meditating etc.

:)

jade
ps i believe that the Qabalistic Tree of Life is different than the tree of life layout that i use to read cards. ???

deso

Jade - good for you!!! I'm always so impressed with people who went within right from the start. Not all people can. Some of us we're too brainwashed into our sinful nature to be able to do that (I speak from experience of course) But, thankfully, I've come to honour all paths. However, I think eventually we all have to go within, don't we? Pathworking is just one method out there that helps people who may not be as confident in themselves to go within - it leads them gently - and not always so gently - that way. But I agree with you - eventually you have to stop following in others' footsteps and truly trust in your own divine wisdom. I had fully enjoyed pathworking - but once the inner connection stabilized - I simply stopped using it.

In Light, Love, and Peace Profound
deso

jade

deso (24 Sep, 2001 00:42):
Pathworking is just one method out there that helps people who may not be as confident in themselves to go within - it leads them gently - and not always so gently - that way. ...... I had fully enjoyed pathworking - but once the inner connection stabilized - I simply stopped using it.

In Light, Love, and Peace Profound
deso

what a wonderful way to explain pathworking to others.

well done!

jade

Logiatrix

deso,
a really good book on pathworking with tarot is gareth knight's "tarot and magic." it has also been published earlier as "the treasure house of images."

deso

Ohhh - I have some of Gareth Knight's books - but not that one. Does it work extensively with the minor arcana? I feel a bit frustrated with books that delve so deeply into the major arcana to the exclusion of the minor. Also - I've let the "magickal" aspects go a while ago. Is it filled with this? I do appreciate (and prefer) good meditation/mantra exercises. Qabalistic rituals and initiatic pathwork doesn't resonate with me anymore.