Paulina Tarot Study Group~The Wheel of Fortune

HearthCricket

My thoughts on The Wheel of Fortune!

This cards is gorgeous and saturated with colour and action! You can feel the movement of the wheel, which I really like, and it seems to be spinning fast and unpredictably! The energy of the stars are moving a lovely spoked wheel, made of branches (very fae!) with symbols of the astrological houses inside. Nice touch! A mermaid holding an orb and hair twisted up like a shell "symbolizes transformation" (LWB). Next comes an eagle clutching the wheel symbolizing "courage" (LWB). A colourful winged and fae-like lion holds firmly on the bottom and seems to be riding it out with strength and determination, while a bull starts the climb, striving to "adjust to change"! A dragonfly hangs below the wheel representing "change and enlightenment", while a pair of snakes, entangled below him symbolize "guardianship and deceit". Below all of this action is a myriad of creatures hidden in the wildflowers. Faces of fae peering out, one playing an instrument, two exotic birds, but no snail to be seen (will have to look even closer!) remind us of the mysteries of life, that we don't know what the future holds and the wheel is constantly turning up new surprises. I like the fact that this Wheel of Fortune holds a very positive aspect. That in spite of the constant turning where sometimes we are on top, and other times we are at the bottom, the bottom does not mean failure or the end of things. Rather that life is a constant cycle, always in movement, and sometimes we just need to hold on and ride it out, rather than give up, let go and fall into the unknown. Everyone here has a strong grasp as the Wheel turns and this is a good reminder of holding on to hope as our fortunes fluctuate!