Payen tarot

SolSionnach

I've been looking more closely at thinbuddha's Payen restoration, and I just noticed something interesting... it looks like the Hanged Man's penis is out!
I first noticed that his fingers were a nice flesh color (opposed to his face, and most of the faces in this deck which are white), and then I noticed the flesh-colored space between his legs. I dug out my Dodal, and there is also a stripey flesh-colored area between his legs as well, but it's more pointed.

Greg Stanton

sravana said:
I've been looking more closely at thinbuddha's Payen restoration, and I just noticed something interesting... it looks like the Hanged Man's penis is out!
Well that definitely makes it a "must have"!

Le Marseillais

Payen Penis ?

Hello all,

Happy new Year 2009 from Marseille France !!!

As I said on my review about Payen 1743 restoration, this new birth will cause a new interest for all Historical decks mostly from TdM Pattern (I or II Type no problems).

Best way to have a correct idea is to SEE all Historical decks aside card by card on your table.

I will shos you this panorama in 2013 in Marseille for International Tarot Conference.
Just be patient and start saving money for the flight.

Salutations and greetings.
Here it is 1h28 AM 1st january 2009 now.

Yves

flying black kat

Happy New Year You All:

Originally Posted by sravana said:

I just pulled my "Payen" out and looked at "The Hanged Man", not only is he hanging out, but he also has his tongue sticking out. I kind of like the tongue sticking out. It says to me even though I am here hanging upside down, I still have a sense of humor about the whole damn thing. So take that!!!!!

Considering he is upside down, I wonder what he is looking at since his penis is in an interesting position.

Greg Stanton said:
Well that definitely makes it a "must have"!

Seriously I do not know enough about the Marseille style decks to know if this has happened in other decks. This is my 2nd Marseille deck, the other one I have is the Tarot de Marseille (Fournier).

Enjoy what is left of your evening. Have a great day tomorrow, and a New Year filled with your hearts desires.

Be at Peace,

Kathy

flying black kat

Dear Moonbow:

Thank You so much for the link. I don't have a Noblet, now I will have to order a copy of this deck. (Like I need a excuse to buy another deck.)

I do not know enough about the Marseilles decks, but I am happily learning about them because of these links. Thank you all for the iformation I am learning because of these links and other peoples dedication to their favorite decks.

Be at Peace

Kathy

prudence

Le Marseillais said:
Hello all,

Happy new Year 2009 from Marseille France !!!

As I said on my review about Payen 1743 restoration, this new birth will cause a new interest for all Historical decks mostly from TdM Pattern (I or II Type no problems).

Best way to have a correct idea is to SEE all Historical decks aside card by card on your table.

I will shos you this panorama in 2013 in Marseille for International Tarot Conference.
Just be patient and start saving money for the flight.

Salutations and greetings.
Here it is 1h28 AM 1st january 2009 now.

Yves
Hello, Yves, Happy New Year to you and everyone here! :)

I would very much like to read your review of the Payen restoration. Where might I find it?

I am not sure about the tongue sticking out pointing to a humorous gesture from the Hanged Man....if he is being tortured by hanging, it may be more a sign of him not doing so well, physically. Like his tongue was lolling out in a bad way. Though I much prefer the idea that he may have been laughing at his tormentors because looking at the Hanged man as an actual torture victim really brings a severity and gruesomeness to the card that I do not like.

There is also Rox's explanation about this image, one that certainly takes away that torturous energy.....also giving the hanged man a lot more control over his position and fate than a man being tortured. The codpiece idea is another one to consider, although I do wonder why a codpiece would be flesh colored.... and as for the up close scan jmd provided in the linked thread, it does look circumcised.

I must have missed the mention of the tongue being another part of the body that was circumcised in that thread.... which leaves me with more questions....why are both of the body parts which were circumcised exposed in this hanged man image? Is his tongue circumcised?

thinbuddha

At the risk of cross posting and spamming, I just want people to know that there is a new edition available. Check out the "Advertisements" forum for more information.