Philippe Le Normand LWB

Tag_jorrit

The "Philippe Le Normand" sheet is thought to be the oldest instructions for how to read the Lenormand cards. They have been dated to approximately 1848.

I was fortunate to obtain an old deck of Lenormand cards that had the sheet, intact, contained in its box. I scanned it and put it up on my website. You can find it in the 'info' box. It doesn't display well but if you copy the link it displays well in its own window and you can print it from there.

Enjoy!

Astraea

Wonderful, thank you so much!

Edited to add: Part of the Big Cartel menu obscures the instruction sheet - it isn't possible to collapse the menu (as far as I can tell), and copying/pasting the link reproduces the same issue. It's pretty easy to guess what some of the covered-up instructions say, but I can't see how to print the page without the Big Cartel menu being in the way. I'm probably missing something obvious, and if so, my apologies!

Teheuti

Part of the Big Cartel menu obscures the instruction sheet
Astraea - click on the image of the instruction sheet (right click?) and you should have the option of copying the image to your computer. It will copy without the menu showing up and then you can print one for yourself. This same instruction sheet - or nearly the same - appeared with almost every Lenormand deck up until around 1980 when people first began publishing their own books and decks. Prior mentions of Lenormand in other books seemed mostly to reiterate what's on the instruction sheet. It's worth really getting to know. Thanks, Tag_jorrit (correction made), for making it available here.

Astraea

Thank you, Teheuti!

Tag_jorrit

Yes thanks Teheuti for clarifying the method of extracting the instructions from the website. And, although Lynn is not my name, just don't call me late for dinner. :)

Autumn Spice

The "Philippe Le Normand" sheet is thought to be the oldest instructions for how to read the Lenormand cards. They have been dated to approximately 1848.

I was fortunate to obtain an old deck of Lenormand cards that had the sheet, intact, contained in its box. I scanned it and put it up on my website. You can find it in the 'info' box. It doesn't display well but if you copy the link it displays well in its own window and you can print it from there.

Enjoy!

Thank you for posting this on your website and sharing it with us. Made a print to put into my little Lenormand notebook.