Phone/Online Psychic's

Alectra

Hello Everyone!

I have really been wanting to get into this and earn some extra cash. Who is a legit company? Anybody know or have experience with this?

Thanks in Advance <3

OOnaOwl

The only one I have direct experience of is Keen. My friend has been reading there for years & has never had a problem. It is phone & email only, not IM. It is free to set up an account, and they then take percentage of your earnings. They pay once per month.

Amanda

I was going to say Keen also. A lady I know has been doing it for 2 years, it's how she makes her living. She started out with a price of $1.00 a minute, and I believe Keen took a 55% cut... because she told me she was grossing .45 a minute.

Alectra

Thanks so much for the responses so far. Now I am curious though how much can you actually make. I know it depends on how many calls you take and all that. But I wonder what is an average estimate?

Amanda

Well it's going to be slow at first no matter what. It's going to take you some time to build up some clientele. The way they do feedback will help you though if you get lots of good feedback, passers-by will see that and be more-likely to get a reading from you.

Just figure it up by the minute. I was thinking about easing into it by doing 1 hour a day for 5 days week. That's 1200 minutes a month (assuming I would get that starting out) at .45 a minute. That would equate to $540 a month for 20 hours of work for the month. Then of course, you'd have to keep your own taxes out, but it's really not bad if you keep at it and build yourself a reputation. Maybe after 6 months or so, you could raise your per-minute rate. I know my friend started out at $1 per minute, and 2 years later she worked herself up to $3.09 a minute now as her current rate. If you take 55% off of that, she's grossing about $80k a year but she works at it pretty regularly... and that figure probably does fluctuate depending on the business she gets, but if you are just thinking of doing it for some "extra" cash, then I don't see too much risk in it. It could be pretty much whatever you make it.

shelikes2read

I was just offered a contract by psychicsource.com. :) I'll be more than glad to offer some feedback on my experience when I've started working for them officially. (I haven't got the contract in hand yet, as I only had the phone call this afternoon with their service delivery coordinator.) I do say that I'm looking forward to working from home, however. I have had some office jobs over the years that have involved terribly long commutes, so the idea of my "commute" involving nothing more than logging in and out is quite appealing to me. ;)

Psychic Source has a 3-step interview process, by the way. I had three separate phone interviews over a few weeks' time where I did readings for an interviewer. The calls involved a different person each time, including one of their established psychics for the final phone call. So they're proactive about making sure that the readers they bring on board are qualified, and I do like that.

I'm brand-new to this particular avenue of doing readings, though, so I'm looking forward to seeing what this adventure brings.

Oein

Here in Eire I worked with a phone company for two years, the hours were long but the pay was very good. In the end I had to stand back, far too draining and it had a tendency to leave me “wired to the moon” for a few hours. Reading from home was a distraction as it appears I am not the best at drawing the lines between home space and the professional arena, which ensured switching off, grounding and disconnecting to be very difficult.

I deeply prefer face to face readings but if you have a calling for it, the skill and will then best of luck in your endeavours.

shelikes2read

If there is currently interest in this topic, there's a recruiting drive going on until September 30, 2010. Visit this thread in the Advertising forum: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=144609

One caveat for anyone who's considering getting a phone job, and is mentally calculating what they might earn in advance of actually taking such a job: remember that there's a difference between how much time we're logged in vs. how much time we're actually taking calls. It will take some time to build up the number of talk minutes we get per week. Therefore, take care when budgeting potential future earnings, until you get a feel for what the call volume will be like.

Luna22

phone lines

I think readers need to keep in mind that you are only paid for the actual talk minutes. Trying to calculate how many hours or minutes you plan to log in for the week x the rate does not give the real amount of pay. It can sound good when they quote a certain per-minute rate, but that is ONLY for the actual talk minutes you get. There really is no way to even estimate what you will be earning, until you get in and actually do it for weeks, months, and can see a pattern as you build up repeat callers. Just wanted to clarify this for anyone who is new to phone work and is thinking it's an hourly pay like standard employment.