Please check these out!

Suriel

Please check these out! :D
I've been starting to work on my own deck...!
So far I've finished five cards:
The fool, the magician, the high priestess, the empress and the emperor....!
I'll be working on others very soon!
And, I'm sorry for the inconvenience, of the word SAMPLE on each pictures, I'm strongly recommended to do so!
Hope that no one will take them as their own creations! I believe in you all, after all!:)
And i hope i get your opinions ! ;)

http://www.geocities.com/travel2ocean7/tarotdeck.html

*edited to say : "The Hierophant is done!;)"

Thanks
Lswern

Ravenswing

your deck...

Lswern--

Nice work so far. I like your color scheme. I don't recall ever seeing the High Priestess in reds-- it pulls her forward. A different view from the norm; I can't make out the lettering above her. Could you post it?

And the Fool-- I like the connect you've presented with time. Something I'll have to think about. I'm seeing the pattern on the back of his jacket as a ladder. That's a reminder to me that the Fool doesn't only fall; he also climbs up again...

The dog in the lead, the Fool chasing him... Again, a nice twist. I've gotten into trouble chasing after my critters when they get out of the house.

The Magician's a bit dark; and the 'sample' cuts right through it. I'd really need to see it a bit larger without the 'sample' to get a good look at him.

I like the way you've connect the Empress and the Emperor with the coloring. Her dress and arms matches the lower portion of his robe. And the checkerboard patterning behind the Emperor rather than as floor tiling works to stretch the card-- makes him seem taller...

I like the stretching of the people-- reminds me of Chagall. If your not familiar with him, check out some of his works...

You might consider leafing up the trees a bit in the Empress-- maybe even spring flowering. Apple or cherry...

5 down.....

fly well
Raven

Orion

Hello Lswern:
Excellent job! The samples shown are very bright and colorful! Please do keep us posted with your progress! :) :)

Suriel

Re: your deck...

First, thanks for your opinions! :D
I'll work harder!

Ravenswing said:
Lswern--
Nice work so far. I like your color scheme. I don't recall ever seeing the High Priestess in reds-- it pulls her forward. A different view from the norm; I can't make out the lettering above her. Could you post it?

Ravenswing, the word is in Ancient Greek letters, means "Know Thyself". Thanks. ;)

Lswern

HudsonGray

Keep them colorful! People like lots of color.

That's a very vertical look though, that you're going for. Will it stress the cards to be shuffled? Or will double sided lamination have them strong enough not to bend?

Suriel

HudsonGray said:
Keep them colorful! People like lots of color.

That's a very vertical look though, that you're going for. Will it stress the cards to be shuffled? Or will double sided lamination have them strong enough not to bend?
I think i will have them double sided laminated. Guess that it is strong enough to not bend them when shuffling. :)

Lswern

WillieHewes

I can't really get a good look at them, the pictures are small and marred by the *sample*.

You say that someone recommended you to do that, but why? It's not even a complete deck, why would anyone want to rip them off? The quality of these pictures (I mean the representation ont he screen, not the artistic quality) isn't enough for print anyway, and if someone was inspired by them, then surely that's a good thing, right?

I would like to strongly recommend you have a look at http://www.creativecommons.org for a friendlier, more humane and modern view of copyright issues. My tarot is under one of their licences, and so is my entire site. I like the idea that people would copy and paste my articles to their own harddrives, share them with others, or build on them for their own sites or books. I want people to be able to use my ideas and images in creative works of their own.

You're right, if someone was to start making money out of them, I wouldn't have the means to stop them. But is that enough reason to lock my work up in a dungeon, and stop people from enjoying them? Is the paranoia really worth that?

Suriel

I'm sorry for causing such inconveniece to you all, with the word SAMPLE and the size of the images!
I've modified the webpage, and the images are, far larger than before, and clearer...and the word SAMPLE is not troubling anyone who see the images.....:)
Hope that you all can go and check them out!
For those who are not comfortable with the unmodified images, please give them one more chance!
I promise you will be satisfied with them! :D

Thanks
Lswern

rota

I like the art in these images a lot: very colorful and fun.
What would you think of a nice clean sanserif typeface to set off the enthusiastic color of the card images?

Suriel

rota said:
What would you think of a nice clean sanserif typeface to set off the enthusiastic color of the card images?
First, thanks for your compliments ! :) But, actually my english is bad! :p So, can you explain what do you you mean here? (Quote there..!)

Thanks
Lswern