Psychic/Astrology/etc = )

jade

i think it's important for us all to remember that just because WE don't have the ability it doesn't mean that someone else doesn't possess it.

i've had people tell me that they don't believe in many of things that i 'do' but since i'm the one 'doing' them, i know that, for me, it's as real as my cat.

love and light,
jade

truthsayer

jade (13 Oct, 2001 09:18):
i think it's important for us all to remember that just because WE don't have the ability it doesn't mean that someone else doesn't possess it.
i've had people tell me that they don't believe in many of things that i 'do' but since i'm the one 'doing' them, i know that, for me, it's as real as my cat.
e
jade!
there's no need to be defensive! no one in this thread is questioning the validity of psychic ability. my intuitive abilities are as real to me as my cat,too! realistically, i know that i have a strong background in psychology and medicine that would give me an unfair edge if i were to use it. my point is that like me some intuitive ppl know they get info from cues other than intuition to gain info about a querent. they use that skill to their advantage and make money off of it. that bothers me. it doesn't bother me for ethical intuitive ppl to profit and support themselves helping others. but using cues other than intuition is like cheating at poker to me. i don't like seeing lonely, depressed, desperate or anxious ppl taken advantage of so madame cleo can have that new limousine. there is too much human suffering in this world. we have a talent so we should use it for the highest possible benefit for others as well as ourselves w/o unscrupulous gain.

when i was in the human services profession, i saw behaviors that i didn't view as ethical but fighting it was worse than trying to swim upstream. these behaviors give counselors, social workers, and others in human services a bad reputation. it's the same w/ unethical intuitive ppl. if you have a gift or a job, do it w/ integrity and love whether it's human services or as a psychic. i think we both can agree on that.

truthsayer

MeeWah (13 Oct, 2001 07:47):
The forensic field would be rewarding if one is able to detach the self emotionally from the highly charged nature of the work. Being sensitive/psychic can be highly debilitating so being able to be grounded & balanced would be priorities.

meewah, you are so right! has a lot to do w/ why i have been a hermit as much as possible the past 3 years. being in emtionally charged places totally drains me. seems to take forever to get those batteries recharged again! and here i go again learning another highly emotionally charged profession. hope i learned a few things to protect myself since the last time! <<<<<sigh>>>>>

jade

truthsayer (14 Oct, 2001 01:46):
jade!
there's no need to be defensive!

i wasn't being defensive. it was just a reminder to all.

in light,
jade

Jimilyn

Jade,

I didn't detect any defensiveness in your post. :) I thought it came at a very appropriate juncture in the thread. It seemed needed.

Thank you for reminding us. :)

Jimilyn

Jimilyn

mrsdweezilzappa,

I understand what you mean about being able to assess people quickly. My mom is a master of it. I do that sometimes, but not to the extent that my mom does.

truthsayer,

I'll have to tell my dad that he didn't have it as bad as your boss. My dad just had a wife and three daughters for a total of 4. Your boss had *5*! LOL :D

Jimilyn

dare

HI I dont know if you still read this board but i wanted to say that i really loved your story that was very interesting i have always had strong instincts i knew my ex would cheat on me and he was. i just knew he was doing it even though i had no way to tell i kept having dreams. now i had problems trusting my husband and i found out he has been talking to another girl in tennessee. i want to divorce him before things get worse he is very vengeful and that scares me and i have dreams of him hurting me but my family thinks im crazy i dreamed he was on the phone with another women and i caught him last night on the phone with her. now my mother believes hes strange i also kept telling my mom her money problems would go away because i saw it in a reading and now she is making more money and selling her house. i think alot has to do with very strong instincts my instincts are real strong while pregnant and everyone says no its emotions but ive always been right,. anyways i liked your story and welcome even though you posted it over a month ago im also new here love and god bless dare

jade

welcome to the forum dare!

follow your intuition and it will grow. the more you listen, the more it speaks!

i'm sorry to hear about your home life situation, but remember, if you decide to leave, there are organizations out there to assist you :)

hope to see more of you!

blessed be.
jade

dare

intuition can be very strong for many people some people though dont listen as i have done in the past but now i will always listen to my gut it will never lie. see ya around

mystic

Wow!!

That was a heavy month eh moderator? :)

Unfortunately or not, I can't comment on the strength of my magical powers and psychic abilities during the mooncycle, having no such female cycle to use as a "personal" guide. What I can say is that this cycle could produce such an effect, IMHO.

I have two points to once again make.....

1. Being psychic is not just about being intuitive.
2. The pepple that read tarot for psychic hot lines are generally NOT frauds or fakes and are performing a great service for people who need help or advise. (and the ones that "just want to have fun")

I'll comment first about point number one and I'll be brief. IMHO being psychic is all about reading the person, from the physical to the mental attitudes of the person. If this means looking at someone and making a judgement then so be it. It's all part of the make-up of that person.

Point number two. Having read Tarot on a well-known hot line I know first hand that that the people are true and very proficient at what they do. They provide a service, at a cost. The caller always has a chance to drop off or end the conversation at any time. Now scam lines do exist but IMHO they wouldn't survive unless some validity existed within their ranks.

That's all......