psychic medium exercises

celticnoodle

This is another exercise I have thought about bringing back to A.T. after so many years of not doing it.

I received a picture from someone of an elderly woman that was taken in the early 1900s. I will post the pic here in this thread and if you wish to try and tune into her and get some information and post it here, do so.

I will give fb to all who post in here with what they think about this woman. Some things to strive for if you haven't ever done this sort of reading before would be her name, where she lived, and what she did, either for a living, or whatever. What her family was known for. Her husband(s) name and occupation. Did she travel? If so, where? Who were her children? This sort of thing.

because this is a spirit reading type of exercise, you may want to take the precaution of grounding and protecting yourself before giving it a go. However, its not required. What is required here is to have fun if you decide to try it out, but please also be nice.

Good Luck, and I will give fb on June 15.

Attachments

• woman.jpg
    woman.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 170

DownUnderNZer

Be cool to do only picture isn't clear. ...blurry.

Tried enlarging... no good.

Will look again when on PC, but needs to be a sharper focus I reckon.

Can't even make out her eyes and the way she smiles seems she is gummy or with false teeth... sunken look.

LittleOne

Hmmm, I've never tried this sort of thing - looking at pictures and grounding and stuff made me hesitant. But I still had ideas come into my head looking at her. So here goes:

~I was thinking she was living somewhere isolated, very small town somewhere that is mostly cold year round but with really nice green summers.

~Lost the love of her life youngish. Perhaps settled for someone else later who kept her content but never really moved past the first love.

~Name... makes me want to say letter "M"

~Moving around... I see her walking and carrying things, in my head I'm kinda seeing her walking along the same road - first I saw her as a old lady, then sort of as a lively young woman - but both times along the same road. As though she didn't move around much...I feel like she did go somewhere, but returned and lived most her life in the same place. Maybe affected by war or some sort of war like event that made her move (and perhaps took away the man she loved??)

~Job... mostly I jut think of running a household, perhaps a few animals. I am definitely thinking she was good at baking. Not cooking in general, but baking specifically.

~She was direct, ballsy and not afraid. Not a coy or shy or a wallflower.

That's what came into my mind. If it's all outrageously wrong.... well I have a good plot for a story at least!

starburst_au

Oooh how interesting!

Never tried this before:

Some things to strive for if you haven't ever done this sort of reading before would be her

name: Some kind of foreign name which would be hard to pronounce in English
maybe was known by an English type name which was easier to pronounce?

where she lived: Poland or Russia up that way...

and what she did, either for a living, or whatever: I think she was a bit of a matriarch of the family, strong family links.. as in kept the family together.... a lot of respect for her from other members of the family...

What her family was known for: some kind of mental work or making farming tools?

Her husband(s) name and occupation - other than the fact she wore the pants in the family lol... later on in life at least.

Did she travel? - did she immigrate from her country of birth, later on in life or due to medical issues? Or travelled due to some sort of issue?

If so, where? - not sure....

Who were her children: I get the feeling she had a large family... not sure how many children she had, but a large extended family....

BADA BING! - shall be interesting to see what comes up!

RufusJ

:) The first impression I got was "merry, merry..." LOL. Not much to go on, but I feel she was a merry soul. Not that her life was easy but she chose to face it with optimism. But under that optimism? Her words could slice you into tiny bits. Strength there... she was the matriarch of the family, and everyone ceded to "nana", esp."papa".

Thanks for letting me try!

celticnoodle

Be cool to do only picture isn't clear. ...blurry.

Tried enlarging... no good.

Will look again when on PC, but needs to be a sharper focus I reckon.

Can't even make out her eyes and the way she smiles seems she is gummy or with false teeth... sunken look.

yeah, it's not the greatest copy. it is a pic that was modge podged many years ago on a wooden plate and then framed. and my copy was copied on a xerox machine and emailed to me. So, a bit fuzzy to be sure. I'm sorry about that. If I can find a way to get a better copy, I will update it and let you know via PM. I do hope you can try anyway with this small little 'fuzzy' copy! :D

spinnachie

Oh yay!!! another one!!!

ok with this one, Germany comes to mind, and a man with a moustache...that's all I am getting for now...again I am at work so I haven't really been able to focus...I am prepared to be WAY off ;)

GotH

:)

Fun! I've never done this before but would like to try it. Did she lose a husband and child? Was she of a spiritual practices, into the occult or practiced witchcraft of some kind? Is there a story about a mirror? Does an elephant have any significance here? Is there a story about her riding something special? I get the feeling that she did something that women in her time normally wouldn't do.

No talking to spirits. These were just feelings I got. Looking fwd to the facts. :)

DownUnderNZer

obe

Still not easy plus she reminds me of this ornament my mum had of this old lady peeling a banana...same exact facial features.

I did get "Tia Maria" although I don't feel she is Hispanic.

So, to me this lady I feel would have been shown respect in her old age and probably looked upon as an aunt or elder.

The Matriarch. :D

I think Tia Maria is also alcohol, so either she was quite opposed to it or liked a little nip here and there even if to just clear up a stubborn cough.

I would think there is a twinkle in her eyes and therefore had a sense of humor and element of mischief despite coming from a hard background I feel she bore a lot of children or ended up with a good number of kids, grand kids, and great grand kids. (Losses too).

See her carrying straw on her shoulders, so not unaccustomed to hard work I'd say... even a man's job like ploughing a field or mustering sheep...not afraid to get her hands dirty. Maybe no choice either.

Did what it took to put food on the table.

Ethereal

sounds like fun, going to give it a try! her name: I got very European. Ada, Elke, Germanic sounding. or perhaps a Swedish, Norwegian name. Elsa , came to me. where she lived: in Europe. Germany, Poland, perhaps Sweden, Norway, Austria. I got eastern Europe somewhere. perhaps, even on the Russian border, or country that bordered Russia. That was my first impression. I also got, the Midwest in the USA. perhaps after a move from one of the above countries. Nebraska, Dakotas, Minnesota, Iowa. Northern mid-west. Her husbands name was Fredrick, or Otto. Again, very European. They were farmers. Known for farming the land. She was of peasant stock; a peasant wife. very industrious and hardworking people. if they traveled it was from one of those European countries, to the Midwest states above. (one of them). She had a large family. 8-10 children. more boys than girls. well, that's what I got.....fun to see how it turns out! the name Alma also.