Questions People Ask About Tarot

Lucas Prince of Cats

I'm trying to create kind of a panphlit or typed-up explanation about tarot cards. I have parts on which religions use it, and why it's not anti-religion, where it comes from and/or what's known about it's history, how it works, different schools of thought. I'm also going to include a part about crystals. WHat else should I consider answering or informing people about?

MandMaud

The Jungian connection perhaps? I don't know, it could easily turn into far too much for one pamphlet. What audience would this be presented to? :)

Grizabella

Why are you doing this? To educate mainstream people about what Tarot is and its history? Are you planning to put it on the table or give it to sitters? If you just want to put a stack of flyers on your table for anyone passing by to take one it might be okay. Lots of people are curious about Tarot. If you're going to give it to sitters, though, it will cut into the time you have to read for them if it's a long, wordy piece and they think you expect them to read it before you read for them.

Are you doing something like a FAQ about Tarot? I think keeping it brief would be best.

CosmicBeing

Agree keep it brief... it's it 3 panel pamplet... 1 panel can be about the history (which would include religions) 2nd panel can be about how some people may see tarot as a tool for therapy or bettering self (the usage of it) 3rd panel can be about what questions are good for it or the type of insight tarot can give a person.

In the end I think you should keep it as close to earth... bring some spiritual usage of the tarot but pretty much keep it down to earth. Some people use tarot and are not into anything else that is deemed spiritual or religious.

Lucas Prince of Cats

Why are you doing this? To educate mainstream people about what Tarot is and its history? Are you planning to put it on the table or give it to sitters? If you just want to put a stack of flyers on your table for anyone passing by to take one it might be okay. Lots of people are curious about Tarot. If you're going to give it to sitters, though, it will cut into the time you have to read for them if it's a long, wordy piece and they think you expect them to read it before you read for them.

Are you doing something like a FAQ about Tarot? I think keeping it brief would be best.

For some friends who know I do tarot. I want to be able to have tis to explain questions for friends and family who are curious.