Questions related to Pendulum

Musicat

I was interested in tarot in the past weeks, but I cannot find tarot card in local stores. I ordered online and keep looking around for more information while I am waiting for it.

Today I found about pendulum and used a suits able necklace to try it out.

I was a bit surprised that it worked in my first try and it seems quite accurate so far.

But sometimes when I ask a question for a yes/no answer, it won't move and when I switched the question, it start moving again.... I don't really understand why?

Especially when I tried the technique to use my fingers for different object and let it choose for me. It won't move at all.. or just shake a bit. I tried it a few times today and not even once have it moved.

As I have read a lot about peoples are unsure if they got the answer because they was thinking about it... I have been thinking if I have done that too, but I have tried a few times when the pendulum is already moving for answering a question and I tried hard to use my will to move it another direction. I will get a mild headache... so I guess it wont just move to wherever I want it, when it's answering my question... (I guess) What do you think?

I am sorry, but I am really new with any spiritual thing and wanted to share/ask with other.

Darkmage

It takes practice, basically. A real danger with the pendulum is having it tell you what you *want* to hear, not what you *need* to hear. I find this happens with the pendulum a lot more than some other divination techniques, like cards. Your Mileage May Vary.

Just work with it for now, say 10-15 minutes a day. Ask control questions like 'show me yes,' 'show me no,' 'show me maybe,' etc. Also, a good way to practice is asking questions you know the answer to, like 'what's my birthday?' 'What colour shoes am I wearing?' or holding objects under the pendulum and asking, 'is this paper coloured red?' etc. Get good at this for a few weeks and then start asking questions you *don't* know the answer to--then check your answers if you can. In this way you'll become proficient.

Musicat

Thanks for the reply

I think I got really confused yesterday, as I found too much information online and some are a bit different from each other.

Yesterday I asked about something that might happen today and it was inaccurate.

So I started everything again, by cleansing, programming etc

I practiced with the yes/no questions

and followed a guide online to find my guardians/spirit guide name

the first attempt was a bit gibberish , so I asked if that was right and it said no

then I tried again and got a name that make sense. I was worried that I might just get the names I was thinking is possible after getting the first letters. But I got a name I have never heard or thought of before.

I will continue to practice and learn more , thanks

danieljuk

pendulums definitely improve with practice!
mine seems different to the normal "commands" and reactions. It does its own thing but at long as I know which each action means to yes / no / maybe its okay!

I thought mine had got very accurate! I asked it about a situation with 3 outcomes and those 3 outcomes have other outcomes. it picked exactly the right first outcome and second outcome! But then today I asked if I would meet a friend and it gave me the wrong answer! it sometimes gets it wrong for me still ;)

amethyst57

just run control questions every time you use your pendulums...

ask 2 questions you already know are true...i.e., your eye color and hair color...

if there's a NO to a question that is really YES,
recharge or re-bless your pendulum...if you can wear it for awhile, so it syncs up to you again....

exotik1

Did you calibrate your pendulum so u know which means yes and no? Also, my pendulum drops from my hand if i either need to rephrase my question, or am not meant to know the answer at this time for whatever reason. Also, its good to experiment with different weights of pendulum and chain-when its right, you will really feel it swing back and forth-when the chain is too heavy or the end too light, it doesnt move well.
Keep practicing and have fun with it :)
farida