Raising your vibration before reading

Bluebird

Hi guys,

My psychic side is really beginning to develop in the last year and the last time I did readings I realised I was connecting with spirit. As I am new to all of this there is a lot I don't know. I have , however, read that it is important to raise your vibration before doing a reading so that you don't connect with low vibration spirits. I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me how you do this and how do you know when it is raised sufficiently? Is there anything else I need to be aware of?

There is a lot on the internet in general but I am not sure what to follow. I would also be interested if anyone could recommend a site or book.

Many thanks in advance - I am just feeling my way around with this one at the moment and would appreciate some advice.

Joss

Redfaery

If you think you might be troubled by spirits during a reading, burn something like sage or cedarwood. I personally am a bit wary of reducing a creature's motives to vibrations, though.

headincloud

like attracts like is the occult law behind these recommendations. It's correct in principle but if we're an evil person at the lowest scale of things we will attract an evil spirit guide, the person wouldn't be able or wouldn't wish to change, they will be of like mind. If your intentions are pure trust in Gods protection because that IS your protection.

Purifying our thought raises our vibration as an example, on the other hand using the tarot for self gain will lower your vibration, it's all about integrity and self knowledge.

Bluebird

Hi Redfaery,

Thank you for your advice - I appreciate it. The thing is I am not sure if I will be troubled by spirits. Up to this year my psychic side showed itself as a sense of knowing. This year however, I had begun to connect with spirit and I can feel them very strongly at times. I have read about vibrations and as I sometimes feel like anyone can come in I would like to have a way of dealing with that - a little in the same way as I have electric gates at the end of my drive or a door on my house.

Could you tell me a little bit more as to why you are wary of reducing a creatures motivations to vibrations - I am keen to understand as I coming from a position of knowing very little about all of this?

Many thanks for responding to my post.

Joss

Bluebird

like attracts like is the occult law behind these recommendations. It's correct in principle but if we're an evil person at the lowest scale of things we will attract an evil spirit guide, the person wouldn't be able or wouldn't wish to change, they will be of like mind. If your intentions are pure trust in Gods protection because that IS your protection.

Purifying our thought raises our vibration as an example, on the other hand using the tarot for self gain will lower your vibration, it's all about integrity and self knowledge.

Ah, thank you for that. I was talking to an energy healer recently who told me that 'we are from light and therefore we attract light' - so what you're saying makes sense. I haven't come across anything relating to a low vibration but I was worried - all this is new to me.

Thanks again,
Joss

JoannaCrystal

Hi guys,

My psychic side is really beginning to develop in the last year and the last time I did readings I realised I was connecting with spirit. As I am new to all of this there is a lot I don't know. I have , however, read that it is important to raise your vibration before doing a reading so that you don't connect with low vibration spirits. I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me how you do this and how do you know when it is raised sufficiently? Is there anything else I need to be aware of?

There is a lot on the internet in general but I am not sure what to follow. I would also be interested if anyone could recommend a site or book.

Many thanks in advance - I am just feeling my way around with this one at the moment and would appreciate some advice.

Joss
Hi there Joss 😊

Before I start every reading I do some deep breaths cleaning my head, feeling my body and I imagine as if a light (any color you want, mine is white and gold) came down from the heaven into my head, fill my body with that light and I also imagine like I'm in a bubble of that same light!
Then I ask God to enlighten me, to protect me and connect me with my intuition, and after I ask my guide to guide me during the reading!
After the reading I hold the deck on my hands and I say thank for being with me during the reading and that's it 😊
I'm very curious about your new experience tho! If you feel comfortable sharing with me what you felt I would love to hear your story 😊

Much light for you

Enviado do meu A0001 através de Tapatalk

Bluebird

Hi there Joss 😊

Before I start every reading I do some deep breaths cleaning my head, feeling my body and I imagine as if a light (any color you want, mine is white and gold) came down from the heaven into my head, fill my body with that light and I also imagine like I'm in a bubble of that same light!
Then I ask God to enlighten me, to protect me and connect me with my intuition, and after I ask my guide to guide me during the reading!
After the reading I hold the deck on my hands and I say thank for being with me during the reading and that's it 😊
I'm very curious about your new experience tho! If you feel comfortable sharing with me what you felt I would love to hear your story 😊

Much light for you

Enviado do meu A0001 através de Tapatalk

Hi JoannaCrystal,

Thank you for this - this is very helpful indeed!

Much appreciated and I will PM you to tell you a bit more.

Joss

Redfaery

Hi Redfaery,

Thank you for your advice - I appreciate it. The thing is I am not sure if I will be troubled by spirits. Up to this year my psychic side showed itself as a sense of knowing. This year however, I had begun to connect with spirit and I can feel them very strongly at times. I have read about vibrations and as I sometimes feel like anyone can come in I would like to have a way of dealing with that - a little in the same way as I have electric gates at the end of my drive or a door on my house.

Could you tell me a little bit more as to why you are wary of reducing a creatures motivations to vibrations - I am keen to understand as I coming from a position of knowing very little about all of this?

Many thanks for responding to my post.

Joss

My apologies if I sounded harsh or judgmental. It was not my intent. What I meant was that low vibration and high vibration are such vague and imprecise terms, to me anyway!

If you're connecting to spirit more and more, it is indeed very useful to have a way of keeping things "out" as you say. That was why I suggested burning sage or cedar, since those have a purifying effect on the energy in an area.

Another thing you will want to check out probably is some method of "shielding" as it's called. A useful way to do this is to wear or carry a stone like black tourmaline or obsidian, since they act as barriers to negative energy.

Bluebird

My apologies if I sounded harsh or judgmental. It was not my intent. What I meant was that low vibration and high vibration are such vague and imprecise terms, to me anyway!

If you're connecting to spirit more and more, it is indeed very useful to have a way of keeping things "out" as you say. That was why I suggested burning sage or cedar, since those have a purifying effect on the energy in an area.

Another thing you will want to check out probably is some method of "shielding" as it's called. A useful way to do this is to wear or carry a stone like black tourmaline or obsidian, since they act as barriers to negative energy.

Hi Redfaery,

No please I didn't pick you up as being any of those things and I apologise if I sounded any way sharp in my response. I come from a scientific background so expressing my curiosity doesn't always come across as warm as it actually is :)

Thank you for suggestions - I have these on my shopping list now.

All the best,

Joss

Tanga

"sheilding" or "protection" can be done in numerous ways.

Mine is usually some version of the LBRP (Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram)
after a grounding visualisation.
(I'm partial to a Dianic LBRP version, that calls on multiple Goddesses - but more recently have been creeping back to speaking to those Archangels and Adonai again).

Simpler grounding and shielding - as recently re-iterated to me by a medium -
is doing that meditation where you image yourself growing roots into the ground from the soles of your feet, like a tree, and becoming firmly rooted and strong. ("grow roots down, deep into mother earth, stop at a place that has a meaningful connection for you. Feel the love, nurturing and protection that mother earth gives you" ...sort of paraphrased from Fritz Smith, Zero Balancing founder).

The Protection phase (for example) is imagining you are putting on a midnight blue impenetrable cloak, draw it firmly around yourself and tie it on. See it shielding you from all forms of "negative vibrations" if you like.
You can alternatively imagine fortifying a protective bubble around you (fortifying your aura - or biomagnetic field)...
Sometimes I lean towards a more Sci-Fi-like forcefield mirror, in my minds eye...

The burning of various scents and the carrying of relevant crystals can also be done.

I imagine "raising your vibration" is a metaphor (though some may beg to differ) in which you are choosing a mindset that is optimal for you to read and come from a place of strength (within your own belief system - I "believe in belief" as I often say :) ) to have
clear boundaries so that nothing interfears with your performance.

Before a reading - I have a little chant (prayer) that I devised, which puts me in the right frame of mind.
Have a look at the Threads on Magick and Ritual for this here:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=242721