Random instructions and information

Lmeeg

All my life I have received random instructions about various things - get this crystal or that, types/colors of candles I need for my house, what to believe (in my early 20s I finally proclaimed that I was not a Christian), creating circles in the yard, lots of psychic activity since a very young age. Oddly, for example, when I was younger I was not 'permitted' (very strong negative energy) to have Tarot read for me or to be around them in any way. Yet, 2 months ago, I was 'instructed' to order the Rider Waite and get to work learning them immediately. I had an immediate connection to the Archetypes, the Fool's journey, and how to connect the cards in a meaningful way. I picked up another deck a month later (Deviant Moon), and 2 weeks ago, it became imperative that I store the cards in a box (looked on the internet, nothing was right, even the so-called Tarot boxes). So I had to buy a plain wood box, paint it black, decorate it with the colors of the elements using crystals, and expressions of the clouds of manifestations (very specific instructions).

So I'm curious more so now than ever where this comes from, although I've settled on the idea that it's my intuition channeling my path through the universe. I do not subscribe to convention or tradition (I'm a solitary practitioner if a description is necessary to identify my state of mind on the subject).

Has anyone else had knowledge come to them this way? What have you concluded about the source?

DesertDream

:bugeyed:

Hmmm. Me thinks it could be
1. Your superconcious on overdrive
2. An entity

Do these intrustions actually help you in your life benefically? It sounds like these instructions are kind of controlling and not really offering any real spiritual growth or insight. But then again I only have this info you gave here to go off of. If its an entity it sounds like they are impinging on your choice of free will. If its a part of your subconscious mind then its a reflection of you and your own inclinations i imagine.

I do get info and instruction but my source is the Holy Spirit. And mostly i can discern if its from hs or not. But its different from what you described. If i feel im getting info kind of like yours thenbi feel its coming from my own inclinations and subconscious mind working together but i dont feel that its from another place because these details are not like hs or nearly important. If i did i wouldnt pay no mind because for example tarot packaging is just not all that important to the spiritual path and evolution.

EmpressArwen

All my life I have received random instructions about various things - get this crystal or that, types/colors of candles I need for my house, what to believe (in my early 20s I finally proclaimed that I was not a Christian), creating circles in the yard, lots of psychic activity since a very young age. Oddly, for example, when I was younger I was not 'permitted' (very strong negative energy) to have Tarot read for me or to be around them in any way. Yet, 2 months ago, I was 'instructed' to order the Rider Waite and get to work learning them immediately. I had an immediate connection to the Archetypes, the Fool's journey, and how to connect the cards in a meaningful way. I picked up another deck a month later (Deviant Moon), and 2 weeks ago, it became imperative that I store the cards in a box (looked on the internet, nothing was right, even the so-called Tarot boxes). So I had to buy a plain wood box, paint it black, decorate it with the colors of the elements using crystals, and expressions of the clouds of manifestations (very specific instructions).

So I'm curious more so now than ever where this comes from, although I've settled on the idea that it's my intuition channeling my path through the universe. I do not subscribe to convention or tradition (I'm a solitary practitioner if a description is necessary to identify my state of mind on the subject).

Has anyone else had knowledge come to them this way? What have you concluded about the source?

I am answering this from my perspective (as a Christian)....I would question this. If whatever this is, is capable of communicating to you so clearly as to be able to give you these detailed instructions, it should be able to answer your questions. Ask who this is. Ask why you are to do these minute things. Ask what you are meant to gain by doing them. I would never follow instuctions in the physical world or spiritual world blindly. I would need to know why. Example: if a man came to you on the street and told you to go to a specific address and bring a specific item at a certain time...would you? Would you just say OK! to a complete stranger and do what he says? I would hope the answer is "of course not!" Spirit Guides guide you...but do NOT dictate what you do...if this is a guide and not something darker then he/she would want you to understand why and want you to make choices on your own. Free will is very important to ALL guides I've met.

Question, question, question...never follow a stranger into unknown territory.

Lmeeg

More on this...

Thank you for the replies. Yes i was a bit cryptic in my description here...so more detail. I'm referring more to knowing things that are known rather than blindly following instructions of minute details. My examples are minute, but probably not reflective of what I mean. In learning Tarot, I immediately understood the underlying guiding principles and purpose of a layout, and that the work that comes from that are the choices you make in life to take action on what you learn. Delightful to see it finally expressed visually and spiritually this way, but I've known that as part of the divine path since I as very small. My guess is I was not permitted to go near Tarot early in life because I wasn't mature enough to handle them. So it's very familiar. Like I've been told about it, and I didn't learn that in my Christian education. Thematically, this happens to me very often in life, again, as just being, and later I learn that it's a thing. I collected crystals because I saw them and needed to have them, then learned what to do with them later.

I call it instructions, because there is an order of things, but there's no voice in my head asking me to clean the house :). It's more like a wavelength, activities that premeditate a later purpose.

Sorry if I sound like a crazy old lady...just wondering about it.

Aster Breo

I've had similar experiences with guidance from the goddess Brighid, to whom I've been dedicated for many years.

For example, She strongly discourages me from any kind of magic work. (I won't say "prohibits", because I have free will, of course. It's more like an intense mental "stop sign" when I think about a magic working.) I think this particular "instruction" is to protect me from exposure to energies that would be damaging to my system, given my health issues.

She also sometimes urges me to do things like pass on messages to people or (very occasionally) buy something that always turns out being needed unexpectedly later.

I know other people who have similar experiences, and they also attribute them to the deities with whom they have relationships.

For what it's worth, I agree with the advice to ask questions. I'd want to know where these "instructions" were coming from, too.

EmpressArwen

I do not think you are a crazy lady at all. :) If hearing the voices of your guides is crazy then I'm in TROUBLE! lol

Even with it just being a "knowing", I would still want to know where that knowing comes from. I think going into meditation to ask who is guiding you is the first step. I believe we all have guides and that we should all know who they are. Dig in a little. I am definitely not saying it's anything bad...or again I'd be in real trouble lol...but knowledge is power. Gain as much insight into all of this as possible. Meditation is key to getting this knowledge.

Lmeeg

Deity...

ok, so I'm a listener, and I picked a few things out from the responses from here. First off, the concept of a Deity...while I'm not altogether comfortable that I'm looking to 'god-like' beings to worship, honor, etc. I am familiar with the guidance of spirit guides. So I sat back and thought about that, and started my research on the internet. Might I share that the last 4 years I've been obsessed with cross-quarter days, the cycles of harvest and renew, the moon, and most recently visited with messages from strangers about the totem of the wolf. I put all that in the google search engine and came up with the Welsh Moon Goddess - Arianrhod. 2 years ago i purchased two pendants that I wear constantly to this day, to depict the neverending cycle of life, particularly as it relates to the Celtic wheel. Her name means that directly. I didn't know that until about 2 hours ago.
So today, I did my daily reading. My questions are usually general about the day. It was the typical consistent reading I've been getting since I started reading Tarot a few months ago. Same cards, same message, same work and decisions required. Avoided the question about this Goddess entirely (as the questions can't be about decisions already made, I tried to keep it open as possible about the existence of such?).
I do think i have my answer, as this has been a strong and present influence in my life for at least 4 years now (since the passing of my mother). Whether I call it a Deity, identifiable by a specific Welsh/Celtic name, or accept this information in an anonymous fashion, it's interesting what steps forward when we ask the question. My initial ask here on the forum was looking for common experience, validation, etc. I think I'm good now. Today was an interesting day.