Rare books with no cards--worth it?

arcanalefait

As someone who owns a copy of the Greenwood Tarot book and the Granny Jones Tarot book--but no cards to go with them--I am wondering if it is worth it. When I bought them it was because I had such a hard time finding the set I thought the book would be better than nothing. But I'm finding the book alone doesn't do too much for me. Just wondering what others think--is it worth it to keep them? Or should I list 'em on ebay?

lark

Before I found a copy of the Greenwood I printed off a copy for my own use and laminated it...so you could do that and then you would have the book to go with your homemade set.
*just an idea of why it would be of value to save the books...and with those two decks if you ever do find copies then you wouldn't have to worry if they weren't complete, you could snap up a "deck only" and who knows it might even be a little cheaper because it has no book.

northsea

lark has some good ideas re the books, and also, if the author's ideas about the tarot give another perspective that you find of value, you may want the book. I've even thought of selling the cards and keeping the book for one or two of my sets.

Emily

Also what if someday you find these decks but you've already sold the books? The books are probably worth something in their own right too, especially as the decks get rarer. :)

gregory

The books certainly are worth something in their own right; I have seen people begging for them.... (here, as well !)

But you might indeed find the decks some day.... And any book can shed new light on a deck it isn't about, sort of.

arcanalefait

Thanks all, for the insight and advice!