readings - confusion

rainy_dreamer

Hello, I'm really new to the world of tarot. One of the psychics that I visited told me that I had great psychic ability and decided to give me my first deck of tarot cards, which I am happily getting to know.

However, I do have a question. I've seen about a dozen different psychics about the same problem because it just didn't "feel right" and sure enough, each psychic told me something different. It's not possible that the cards are telling me something different each time, is it?

YDM42

Hi and welcome to AT. I'm not sure I can answer your question. My first inclination is to say, "the cards can tell you the same thing in 1000 different ways."

GryffinSong

There are many different theories of reading. Some believe that the cards tell the future. Some that people who read are psychic. Some that the cards trigger intuitive knowledge.

In my opinion, YOU are the one best able to read for yourself. The tarot can hone your own instincts better than any stranger possibly can read, and when in doubt about an interpretation, look deep within yourself and trust THAT voice.

Others will disagree. ;)

Apollonia

rainy_dreamer said:
I've seen about a dozen different psychics about the same problem because it just didn't "feel right" and sure enough, each psychic told me something different. It's not possible that the cards are telling me something different each time, is it?

Over how long a period did you seek advice from a dozen different psychics? There is such a thing as asking the cards and psychics too often. On the other hand, if you spaced the visits out over a long period of time, the varying answers could be a reflection of changing energies within the situation.