Record Keepers

Kyrielle

These are described by both Katrina Raphaell and Melody in "Crystal Enlightenment" (and a bit in "Crystal Healing") and "Love is in the Earth". The definition seems to be the same: a crystal, usually clear quartz, programmed with information by past masters to be retrieved in the future by the right person.

If a crystal is a record keeper, it exhibits this in the shape of a triangle. Here Raphaell and Melody disagree. Melody's triangle is a raised triangular portion of an already triangular facet to the termination. The top of the facet is stairstepped up, making a smaller, raised triangle (If I'm not making sense, find a copy of the pictorial). Raphaell's triangle is a tiny shape etched on one or more of the termination's facets, as if someone took a tiny pin and drew a trangle. These can only be seen by looking at the facets very closely in strong light. One of my crystals has about a dozen of these little triangles etched on one facet!

Is either version the "correct" definition of a record keeper? Is the whole concept even valid? And has anyone ever had an experience with a record keeper?

Melody and Raphaell make it seem like such a simple sequence: The programmed crystal finds the exact right person, the person recieves the information, and that information leads to greatly positive universe-changing circumstances. Not to deny the power of such a thing, but I can't quite believe it could ever be that simple.

-- Kyrielle

the hermit

yes and no...

both types of crystals do exist but...

the problem is unscrupulous vendors know that crystals matching either description will bring a far higher price because everyone who has read this lore wants to be the "RIGHT" person.

it is fairly easy (with a little expertise and the right equipment) to etch a crystal with the correct triangular markings AND it is fairly easy to shape a crystal into the correct triangular configuration in a manner that will only be recognized by an expert.

AND i have seen crystals that appear to have this shape or marking via natural circumstance—i’ve seen clear quartz crystals found within a geodes that were opened by me or in front of me that have these shapes or markings... but they are fairly rare. the etching can occur when one crystal's point is growing against another’s face and digs into the surface, thus etching it. the point shape simply occurs during crystal formation.

as to the “programmed” knowledge... i was apparently NOT the right person in the 3 cases i’ve seen (2 etchings and 1 triangular point) and apparently neither were the persons who eventually ended up with these crystals.

that does not mean that “record keepers” don’t exist...
i just don’t know anyone who’s actually experienced one.

All Is One

Hey..the more I read

The more I read on this site...

The more I wish that the hermit was still amongest us.

~aio

Kyrielle

I'll second that. I hope he eventually reappears...

-- Kyrielle

DeLani

record keepers & healed

Hi gang,
I'm just going to jump in here -
I'm from Arkansas and not far from Mt. Ida/Hot Springs, where a lot of quartz crystals come from.
Have you ever heard of a self-healed crystal? It is one that was once, long ago, broken, and has begun re-crystallizing - it will look like a bunch of mini-points all pointing the same direction (away from the original, unbroken point). These have been called also Hera crystals and extra-terrestial crystals (humph). Anyway, the record-keepers that have apparent several triangles along one facet are *totally self-healed.* The triangle shapes are the last remnants of those rehealed points where it was broken.
I can't say anything about any programmed wisdom, but I do know that the one I have with my Thoth deck really makes things (readings, impressions, etc.) vivid and crystal clear.
Also, an interesting piece of crystal trivia: self-healed crystals almost always come from Arkansas. The unique set of curcumstances - being broken by glacial action, then staying in just the right temp. for just the right amount of time - is only found in the Hot Springs region near the Ouchita Mtns. (some of the oldest mtns. in existence, the Ozarks being the only ones older - also the only mtn. range on earth that goes east to west).
I have always been a big fan of crystals/gemstones, and consequently am somewhat of an amateur geologist.
I know that probably doesn't answer the question, but I thought it was cool!

Kyrielle

I have heard of self-healed crystals. It's interesting that most come from Arkansas -- I didn't know that.

I've also heard the "extraterrestrial crystal" name for these. I'm not crazy about the theory of programmed wisdom from ETs or Atlanteans or whoever. Whatever wisdom a stone has, in my opinion, is of deep inside the earth.

-- Kyrielle

DeLani

I agree, Kyrielle. It seems we live in such an anti-earth culture, that anything wise, good, or enlightened "must" come from somewhere else.
I believe everything we (individuals and the human race) need to know to live well and become enlightened is found all around us, in the earth and all her creatures (animal, mineral, & plant).
Blessed Be,
DeLani