recurring dream - building a house

cricket

I've never been good at finding the meanings of dreams so am asking for some help here. This dream has been coming to me every now and again for the past about year or so.

In this dream, I'm always in the middle of nowhere - usually someplace really flat, with nothing around but maybe a windmill and dried up grass - with a stack of lumber and some carpenter's tools. I'm supposed to be building a house. There are no blueprints, nobody else there to help, nothing. Somehow it ends up being almost done - without me remembering doing the work - and I wake up.

zorya

cool dream cricket! have you been thinking about changing any of the basic structures of your life. it seems to be telling you, that even if things look bleak, and you have neither help nor "instructions", you can do it.

Tarotphelia

This sounds like a wonderfully positive dream. Like your subconscious is working on building a whole new part of yourself. It may indicate creativity that you don't even know you have, or a buried desire to work with your hands. Maybe there is a personal dream trying to emerge that you can't even imagine right now. On the other hand, it could be something as simple as longing for a permanent home of your own.

lunalafey

I fixing a hole where the rain comes in and stops my mind from wandering

**panting** Ah I finally made it here.
I have not seen the site suggested so I don't know what is offered to help you.(I have a thing about dream dictionaries, burn 'em) Check my posts for others regarding thier dreams, there is advise there. zorya had a good word...structure, and house is generally self. What are you trying to build for yourself? I am familiar with your little 'room' you are considering but I don't feel that this dream is directly related. Dreams use events and thoughts from real life as props. ALL props have significance. Review the feelings you had and make note of those as well. The only one that can tell you what your dream means is yourself.