recurring dreams of the same person

rainy_dreamer

I've been having recurring dreams of someone from my past who is no longer in my present. There is very limited contact and I don't think about them at all. However, for the past 8 months, I've had constant, vivid dreams about this person. They're not alarming dreams.. but mostly just day-to-day normal activities. However, in the dreams, we're either really good friends, or lovers. I don't understand it at all... I just know that every time I dream about him, I wake up in a panic as if it were a nightmare. Why do recurring dreams like this happen? What could it mean?

I have had dreams come true before... and those dreams were confusing and ridiculously vivid. =(

DownwardSpiral

I'm not a dream expert but just my thoughts.....

Do you have unsettled business with this person.....something about this person that still bothers you? Maybe questions that were never answered? If this is so consciencely you may be putting this person out of your mind but in your dreams he's being brought back to the surface.

Another thought is....is there something unsettling going on in your life right now and this person is from a time in your life when things were ok?

The fact that you're good friends or lovers gives me the impression whatever it is your afraid to face or just trying to forget....that it will work out in a positive way.

Anyway just my thoughts...hopefully this will give you some ideas.

Luminary

Have you tried contacting this person? You might find that they have a message for you or are to play a part in your future. X

Laura Borealis

One school of thought is that everyone in your dreams is symbolic of an aspect of yourself. I find that useful when analyzing dreams, sometimes.

You say that in the dream, you're really good friends or lovers, and the dreams are of normal day-to-day things. Yet you wake up in a panic. Perhaps there is some aspect of yourself that your unconscious is perfectly at ease with, but your conscious mind fears and denies.