"Renewal with an ex" Spread

starshine81

This spread is for those who have the chance to get back with their ex but are nor sure if that's the best thing to do.

------1------2------
3-----4------5-----6
------7------8------
9----10------11---12
---------13---------

1. Why the Querent is considering reuniting with their ex?
2. What the Querent needs to understand about starting all over again with their ex?
3. How did their bond develop since the last time they've been a couple?
4. How does Ex see the querent in present?
5. How does Ex feel for the querent in present?
6. What does the Ex expect from the querent?
7. Ex's view of a reunion with the Querent?
8. Why does Ex want a renewal with the querent?
9. How Querent and ex would communicate in a renewed relationship?
10. How the sex would be in a renewed relationship?
11. Something important that the Querent and ex will accomplish in a renewed relationship.
12. Where could this renewal lead to?
13. What's best for the Querent in this situation (start a new fresh or not).

Thank you, rwcarter, for making this spread better.
Lots of love.
Starshine

rwcarter

Hi starshne81,

Welcome to Aeclectic!

Generally, a very nice spread! I tend to avoid gender designations in spread positions though so that the position can refer to anyone of any gender and/or to couples of all orientations. So I'd say, "How does the ex see the Querent now." Also the use of personal pronouns assumes one is reading for oneself instead of reading for someone else.

I have an aversion to Yes/No positions in spreads. Say you got the 6 Cups for position 1. Would that be a "Yes, because I want to go back to the good ole days" or "No, because I'm just reminiscing about the past. I'll get over it."

To avoid the Yes/No positions, I'd suggest rewording them as something like:

1. Why the Querent is considering reuniting with their ex
2. What the Querent needs to understand about starting all over again with their ex

A rewording of 7 and 8 could mirror 1 and 2, thereby leaving 8 in regardless of the ex's inclination about a reunion. (Plus your spread is so perfectly balanced that removing 8 would then make it lopsided. :laugh:)

7. Ex's view of a reunion with the Querent
8. Why ex feels this way

9-11 are more Yes/No positions. I'd reword as something like:

9. How Querent and ex would communicate in a renewed relationship
10. How the sex would be in a renewed relationship
11. Something important that the Querent and ex will accomplish in a renewed relationship (As originally worded, just because you could accomplish something doesn't mean that you will. And it gives no indication of what can be accomplished, just that "something" could be accomplished.)

I'd also reword 13 to be something like:

13. What's best for the Querent in this situation

HTH,
Rodney