Reversed Page of Cups clarity

druidess

I did this a new reading as suggested for a previous relationship spread. The outcome of that original reading was the Tower reversed. I wanted clarity on what I could possibly be in the dark about. So I asked what I needed to do to illuminate the situation and to gain true understanding. What I got was the reversed Page of Cups.

Honestly this card seems to speak about my shadow side than about the person I'm interested in. I lack a lot of responsibility and to me I see it as maybe I should let go so I can have a chance to grow and mature. There is a big age gap between us which could also explain why we're not on the same page emotionally. Then possibly with the reversed Tower there will be a chance for us to rebuild. Thoughts?

*I used the Tarot of the Princesses deck

Amanda

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the deck and it doesn't seem to have standard imagery. I found a picture online of a naked girl sitting on a tree stump, holding what appears to be a pomegranate...?

With a RWS deck, I'd tell you that the card might be advising you to release that fish back into the sea.

This card (if I've got the right one) kind of looks like this girl has already opened (but not eaten) a couple of other pomegranates -- as if she's looking for something different inside of the same old thing.

Are you trying too hard to see the good in this person/situation?

Just some thoughts, I hope they're helpful to you.

headincloud

Tower rx is a shock or the end of disruption if this relationship was a disruptive influence in your life. What you need to illuminate is your infatuation, this is likely to end in rejection and dejection and you may be emotionally vulnerable which is why you're open to men like this. The bubble is burst so to speak.

From another angle there may be or may have been insincere compliments on his part and flattery, sorry hope I'm wrong.

druidess

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the deck and it doesn't seem to have standard imagery. I found a picture online of a naked girl sitting on a tree stump, holding what appears to be a pomegranate...?

With a RWS deck, I'd tell you that the card might be advising you to release that fish back into the sea.

This card (if I've got the right one) kind of looks like this girl has already opened (but not eaten) a couple of other pomegranates -- as if she's looking for something different inside of the same old thing.

Are you trying too hard to see the good in this person/situation?

Just some thoughts, I hope they're helpful to you.

Thanks for responding! Yes this deck confuses me. It was a gift and the only one I have at the moment. I like your interpretation of the card though! Could be.

I definitely am trying to see some positive. I don't like the feeling that he got to me or that I wasted so much time over someone so bad for me. Especially, when I've tried to move on by removing him from everything years ago. However, I can't quit thinking of him/keep having dreams so I begin thinking maybe there's something more I'm missing.

druidess

Tower rx is a shock or the end of disruption if this relationship was a disruptive influence in your life. What you need to illuminate is your infatuation, this is likely to end in rejection and dejection and you may be emotionally vulnerable which is why you're open to men like this. The bubble is burst so to speak.

From another angle there may be or may have been insincere compliments on his part and flattery, sorry hope I'm wrong.

Appreciate your response! I haven't had contact with him for so long it could very well be the end of a disruptive influence in my life. I agree with you and could surely see him doing that however, it doesn't shock or surprise me at all. If anything I kind of always expected that of him.