Rock Band

KMilliron

In case you haven't noticed, I heart music. I noticed a music spread based on notes, and my tarot deck in progress has musicians for some of the major arcana. Thought it'd be interesting to do a spread based on band members and their roles.

**********1**********
**7******************
**6******************
*****2*********3*4*5*
**********8**********

First I'll explain placement. Imagine all the little stars were a stage in a venue or a basement/garage. Anywhere a band will play. (Tis a dream of mine to hold a jam session on a roof) The different numbers would be where the various musicians might stand, although in a good show they tend to never stay in the same place.

You don't have to go by my placements, or my instruments. Maybe you want three guitars instead of one, do it. Cello instead of bass? Go for it. And orchestra of clarifiers? Epic.

Here's how mine would roll.
1- The drummer. What lays your foundation and keeps you steady. This could be your morals, or it could be a goal you have in mind. What is it that keeps you from falling behind, or playing too fast.
2- Bassist. Don't let anyone tell you the bassist is not important. The bass is transistion from drums to guitar, or in this case morals to action. This is your thought process and emotions. Is it an energizing walking bass line, or a mellow measure long root note? This can change the feel of everything.
3,4- Guitarists. The energy and movement. The first thing people notice about you. I have two, becuase personally I think you can cover a lot more ground that way.
------If you want, label one rythm, and one lead. Rythm would be how your actions are effect by your morals and thoughts. Lead can be where most of the energy lies. Rythm/action lead/energy. Some people may think it's the other way around. That's cool too.
5- Screamer- Yeah some people hate screamo, I like it on occassion, especially live. But I digress.
The screamer is pent up energy and actions. What you need to get off your chest or out of your system. Ever felt like just taking a megaphone and screaming your problems to the world and demanding their attention? Then this is your card. :D
6- Keyboards. Synth or piano if you so choose. Pianos can be more versatile than a lot of other instruments. This would represent your talents, or even what you tend to flaunt.
7- MC. Vocals without emotion. Where you tend to be apathetic. Rapping is pitchless in a sense, and most rappers or mc's tend to come from areas where showing emotions is a very bad thing. Thought it'd apply here nicely.
8- Vocalist. Usually the focal point of the band. This is how you present yourself to others or how the world sees you. Let's face it, the vocalist is in the center of all the photo shoots for a reason.

Music is very felixble, so feel free to mess with the band/spread to get the sound/reading that you want. Don't like screamers? Take him out. Put in another vocalists if you like duets, or feel like you have more going on then one vocalist card could cover. Think your actions carry a lot of influence in how people see you, then make your vocalist more versatile.

Feel free to change where the people stand/sit too. Whichever helps you figure it out better.

This band can be as small as Daft Punk or the white stripes, but if you want a freaking warped tour going on in your reading space, I'm not gonna stop you.
***(eta)IF you do personalize this, I'd like to know how and why. Just so we can see how everything is influenced. Plus it'll be fun just to know. ^^ ***

Comments or suggestions, lemme know,
-KM

Wendywu

I really like this spread. I live with a bass player, and my son has just finished several years full time music study. This house is full of music, guitars, amps, leads and sheet music.....

I could use this spread with so many people :D

KMilliron

Wendywu said:
I really like this spread. I live with a bass player, and my son has just finished several years full time music study. This house is full of music, guitars, amps, leads and sheet music.....

I could use this spread with so many people :D
I am a bass player. ^^ And guitar... and keyboards... I was actually surprised at how many people here are way into music. Thought this be a fun spread.

If you do personalize it, I'd like to know how. It'd be interesting. Actually going to go put that in the first spread so people can see. :D This will be very entertaining.

Amanda

Just wanted to say I tried this spread, and it's really good. Very enlightening. :thumbsup:

KMilliron

Just tried this with my cousin. Just for fun I've been trying to place a band with every reading. My cousin is Sum41. :D Haven't done one for me yet. Been out and about ghost hunting. ^^

Middy1452

I second Amanda - excellent spread, just tried it now.

Middy

Astraea Aurora

Thanks a million for this spread KMilliron!

I'm a classical singer but heart rock music in my free time. There's a nasty situation going on right now in my life concerning a classical music project (with lots of female singers) and your spread fits the bill perfectly. :grin:

Astraea Aurora :grin:

KMilliron

Astraea Aurora said:
There's a nasty situation going on right now in my life concerning a classical music project (with lots of female singers) and your spread fits the bill perfectly. :grin:

o_O Classical, female, and vocalists do not sound like a cheery, let's all be bff's kind of a situation. Best of luck to you. Haha, glad you liked my spread.