Roerich Tarot

Patrick Booker

I have long thought that the idea of a Tarot based upon the work of Nicholas Roerich was both interesting and feasible, and was pleased to see that someone had created one:

http://www.alchemywebsite.com/tarot/tarot_weblog.html

Adam McLean describes it as 'an expensive set' - there have been copies on eBay. Maybe a cheaper version will emerge.

Patrick

Thoughtful

Hi Patrick, Have looked at the link you gave and l agree with you it does look very interesting. lf it were to be reasonably priced and available l would think about getting it.

You never know we may be lucky!

Patrick Booker

Just found this link on eCrater, and purchased using PayPal:

http://www.ecrater.co.uk/p/16144975/tarot-agni-roerich-card-deck

It can be bought on eBay, but I don't have an account, and I thought this was a better alternative. However, the transaction went through without including VAT, although the email lists a price with VAT added. Postage to UK is apparently free. Anyone with experience in these matters, please?

I have wanted this deck for some time.

Patrick

Patrick Booker

My deck has been dispatched from Ukraine - should take a couple of weeks. So you don't have to use eBay. If it's coming from Ukraine, amount shouldn't include VAT. Fingers crossed that Customs won't interfere.

Patrick

Patrick Booker

My deck has arrived - 17 days from Ukraine to UK since ordering. A beautifully produced deck, with good card stock and a nice blue bag. I like the images, but I am a fan of Roerich's art. There is a book that looks thorough and comprehensive, but alas I don't read Russian. The Minors are illustrated, and appear to broadly conform to Waite/Colman Smith. An expensive acquisition, but I am not disappointed.

Patrick

gregory

I just got my mini - it is delightful. But does anyone know the name of the publisher ? The print is so small that I can't even copy paste and my SO - who reads Cyrillic - can't make it out either.

Aaron Carson

My deck has been dispatched from Ukraine - should take a couple of weeks. So you don't have to use eBay. If it's coming from Ukraine, amount shouldn't include VAT. Fingers crossed that Customs won't interfere.

Patrick

Customs interferes with Tarot? It's cardboard! Say it ain't so! I've just ordered my copy, and I'm so antsy I can barely sit still.

gregory

Customs interferes with Tarot? It's cardboard! Say it ain't so! I've just ordered my copy, and I'm so antsy I can barely sit still.
Customs does interfere. It isn't a book, and the Ukraine is not in the EU. I didn't get hit this time, but I have before with Ukraine purhases.

Aaron Carson

Customs does interfere. It isn't a book, and the Ukraine is not in the EU. I didn't get hit this time, but I have before with Ukraine purhases.

Dratsky. I was thinking they would catagorize it as a book. I'll pray to my secret gods it gets through.

G6

I saw copies of the mini on ebay for $15 USD awhile back. I didn't get one because most folks said it wasn't a great reading deck.