Rosemary Oil & Dreams ---

Jeanette

Truthsayer, I think you're right in that we should try and follow our intuitions. But I also think that certain things are generally accepted because they work for a majority of the people, and sometimes because many before us have learned from trial, error and experience. So I guess I'm open to everyone's opinion! I'm just going to wait and see what happens, I've aired out the bedroom completely (it's a chilly, windy day!). I'm going to try the lavender again, because it's always been one of my favorite fragrances. But I'll keep the rosemary around, just in case! Maybe I'm built backwards, who knows? I'll just give this a while before I decide one way or the other! :)

jade

truthsayer,

i totally agree with you.

we allow other people's experiences to decide what ours will be.

i'm all for - being ecclectic - and isn't this just another way of being. allowing your intuition to guide you.

personally, i try to not learn the properties of stuff off by heart, that way, in a situation, i just see what rocks or herbs etc......draw me to them. and i use them.

love and light,
jade

truthsayer

Jeanette (12 Nov, 2001 05:48):
I'll just give this a while before I decide one way or the other! :)

exactly, my point and have a joyous time learning about what makes you tick in the process. i'm spent loads of time in educational institutions so i understand what you said about things being done over often enough you can learn from other ppl's experiences. i'm studying nursing right now. there are many things i wouldn't want to risk just learning to do by intuition. example,"okay, mrs. smith, i've never done an IV before but i'm certain my intuition will guide me in the correct way to do this..." meanwhile, mrs. smith heads for the door at a stunning speed for someone that sick! lesson: whatever the situation, choose the method of learning appropriate. :D :D ;D :) :cool:

mystic

Waiting for more reports....

Jeanette

Well, last night I went back to the rosemary oil and slept so peacefully! The windows had been opened all day, and it was breezy and chilly. The bedroom was totally aired out! I only used one or two drops, and didn't have it too close to me. I think I'll stick with the rosemary for sleeping. I use the lavender here by the computer, though, and I like it!

StarShine

Hi Jeanette!

Okay, I think I may have your answer. I ran your problem by a friend of mine. She is not only a Native American Shaman, but also a Druid High Crone. She makes and sells her own oils and herb blends, so she knows her stuff. This is what she told me.

First of all, Rosemary does induce lucid dreaming. However, when you do this, you are not sleeping as deeply as maybe you should. You should only use Rosemary to induce lucid dreaming once or twice a week with at least three days in between. To get the most out of it, less is better. The reason you woke up the last time with the phrase "Bride's Eyes" is because your body/subconscious was trying to tell you that you needed your rest. Bride's Eyes refers to her eyes the morning after the wedding night. She has been up all night, no sleep, and therefore has the dark circles. You must have heard this expression some where and stored it. Your mind used it to give you the message. If you lucid dream too often, eventually your dreams will become muddled and without meaning because even your subconscious is tired. I think that the reason you were up all night with the lavendar is because you had hit a point where you were basically too tired to sleep.

I hope this helps. Of course, she does not claim to be the end all be all authority, but to be honest, it makes sense to me. She also agreed with the person who said that an oil is much more concentrated that the dried or fresh herb.

Good Luck!

bec

Thanks for sharing starshine :)
I was beginning to feel rather outnumbered here not knowing how to get the message through, that rosemary oil is not something to be used lightly, in the bedroom anyway - it does have some great qualities in other ways.

"She is not only a Native American Shaman, but also a Druid High Crone. She makes and sells her own oils and herb blends, so she knows her stuff. "

Now that´s a very wise woman :) All my respects for her oppinions, please give her a big thanks for the inlightment :)

Jeanette

StarShine, I agree, the rosemary is pretty potent stuff. I think I'll only use a TINY drop every once in a while now that I know what I know. It has such a great fragrance ~ I guess I overused it the first couple times.

I want to thank everyone who researched this and shared their knowledge with me, it's so great to have such support! :)

Ceti

Truthsayer, I find your views to be like your name! The only thing I want to add to this conversation is that the quality of oil does matter. Also, in support of bec, I remember Cunningham included Rosemary in his cautionary list because of the blood pressure and epilepsy stuff. This, despite all the wonderful things he wrote about it. So, it may be best to not experiment too freely with some things. I found out the hard way that ylang-ylang can cause headaches. That said, I'm a great believer in the experiential approach and trusting your own intuition, which sometimes manifests as finding good guidance from others.

Ceti