Sabian Symbols Study Group: Taurus Degree 8 - #38

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: TAURUS
Degree: 8
Number: 38

Symbol: A SLEIGH WITHOUT SNOW.

Elven

The Karmic Symbol for Taurus 8 is:

TAURUS 7 ~ THE WOMAN OF SAMARIA COMES TO DRAW WATER FROM JACOBS WELL.

The Quest Symbol for Taurus 8 is:

TAURUS 9 ~ A CHRISTMAS TREE IS DECORATED AND SHINES IN THE DARKNESS.

The Opposite Symbol for Taurus 8 is:

SCORPIO 8 ~ THE SILVERY MOON SHINING ACROSS A BEAUTIFUL GEM OF A LAKE.

The 3 symbol in Tension with Taurus 8 are:

LEO 8 ~ AN ACTIVIST IS STIRRING UP DISCONTENT BY SPREADING HIS REVOLUTIONARY IDEALS.

SCORPIO 8 ~ THE SILVERY MOON SHINING ACROSS A BEAUTIFUL GEM OF A LAKE.

AQUARIUS 8 ~ BEAUTIFULLY GOWNED WAXED FIGURES ON DISLAY.

Symbols of the 5 Pointed Star (72 degree apart) from Taurus 8 are:

CANCER 20 ~ VENETIAN GONDOLIERS IN A SERENADE.

LIBRA 2 ~ THE LIGHT OF THE SIXTH RACE TRANSMUTED TO THE SEVENTH.

SAGITTARIUS 14 ~ A VAST PANORAMA OF SAND AND TIME IS UNFOLDING; THE PYRAMIDS AND SPHINX IN THEIR GLORY RISE BEFORE THE EYE.

AQUARIUS 26 ~ A GARAGE MAN TESTING A CAR'S BATTERY WITH A HYDROMETER.

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

I always see this symbol with people who are hmm scientists, real specailists in a scientific field, like metal tools and the such, like the snow is not important, or rather is not a restricting factor..

Dr Jones has the key word as sustainment, and discusses unlimited potenital for this symbol

Solar Fire has the key word as Cervical nerves (Also known as the spinal nerves refers to the mixed spinal nerve, which is formed from the dorsal and ventral roots that come out of the spinal cord.)

Element Titanium
Discussion Titanium, a light, strong, corrosion resistant silvery-white metal. Most notably used in white pigments. Titanium is named after the latin word for earth. Spiritually, titanium is similar to zircon, aiding in universal truth, intuition, durability, steadiness and internal strength.

Interestingly this is one of the crystal elements that underwent a complete transformation between here and the book

Crystal Element: Larvikite
Expression: Larvikite is a coarse-grained, feldspar-rich rock with blue flash reflections. Spiritually, Larvikite promotes durability, steadiness and strength, turning dreams into reality.
Message: Ecclesiastes 3: To everything there is a season, a time to every purpose under heaven.
Sun Focus: You are a vehicle for environmental concerns; your support through practical actions makes you a mover and a shaker.
Affirmation: By maintaining my purpose I support others in their divine purpose.

Simone

A sleigh without snow - feels like it is out of context and the means used to go on on your path are not appropriate.

If you try to ride a sleigh on grass or path, it's gonna be a rough ride where you might get stuck and fly off at the first boulder. On a street, it's likely to make sparks and noise and not slide very smoothly either...

So if I pulled this symbol for someone, I'd tell them to have a look at the tools they use for the moment and check out if they are adapted to the circumstances...

Does this make sense to anyone?

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 37.jpg
    37.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 422

tink27

purple_scorp said:
I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

When I looked at the sleigh purple_scorp discovered for this symbol, I remembered the soul gathering thread with Helvetica. This was a symbol that in the reading, was chosen for me. Helvetica told me this was a waiting period, a time of not only endurance but of preparation. I see that now. Although, this magnificient sleigh could very well be a magical sleigh, that needs only a master, a magician to magically lift it off the ground.

But preparation is needed for anything we strive and focus our energies on. Connecting with others, studying, researching, learning, understanding are all part of the plan. Once set in place, this sleigh will be ready, snow perhaps laid down. And if snow does not come, then this sleigh will sail and with incredible speed once my work is done. Oh it may veer this way or that, reacting on instinct more than on conscious thought….but it will require focus and concentration as it sways this way and that, with either horses, reindeer or the Divine pulling it.

I’m prepared to travel on this sleigh when that which has been created is packed on board and ready for its first adventure. Early morning has always been my greatest time for walking, but a sleigh ride sounds oh so exciting. Look! It already wants to take off! Endurance, endurance, I must endure, I will, I shall….and it will be rewarding!!!!

tink

MCsea

purple_scorp another great pic - thank you for that!

Tink - LOVE the reading experience you had with this symbol, its great its like looking at your life with the freedom of not being tied down to 'time' even though your waiting there is confidence it WILL happen :)

Simone I agree I feel this symbol is to do with tools - after reading Tinks post Id also advise - how and when best to utilise the tools, hold on to the tools as the time will come to use them for their divine purpose..

MARINA

purple_scorp

I've been continuing to pull a sabian symbol almost on a daily basis, but haven't been to ATF to write about them. I pulled Taurus 8 the other day, and these are my feelings:

I have all of the equipment. The sleigh is ready and I'm perched, ready to go. But there's a problem. I'm not moving. Why aren't I moving? The sleigh is properly maintained, the horses are fed and ready. So what is wrong?

Ah, there's no snow! There's nothing to make a track in. The snow was there before and hey, I had so much fun with it - I just want some more of that - but I can't because the snow has now gone.

So, what can I do?

I could sit there and wait for it to snow. But that could take a year or longer and there is no guarantee it will snow there again, with the climate changes and such.

I could try to modify my sleigh, put some wheels on it but that probably wouldn't fulfil me for long because it's a snow sleigh - it's meant for the snow. And, after some pretending I would know that I am not happy and not being true to myself.

I could walk away and leave the sleigh as a monument to all of the good times I had there. But that seems a waste of a beautiful sleigh.

I could sell the sleigh, but it isn't money that made the sleigh ride a memorable experience. It was the combination of the sleigh and the snow.

So, I tow the sleigh to a new area where there is snow - or more likely to be snow and once again, I can use this beautiful and highly maintained piece of equipment for it's rightful purpose.

with love
purple_scorp

MCsea

Ahhh purple_scorp
one of THOSE days I seem to have had a month of those myself - so my ammendment to this crystal element at the time of writing the book was probably a good thing...

To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn)
There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn)
And a time for every purpose, under Heaven

A time to be born, a time to die
A time to plant, a time to reap
A time to kill, a time to heal
A time to laugh, a time to weep

To Everything (Turn, Turn, Turn)
There is a season (Turn, Turn, Turn)
And a time for every purpose, under Heaven

A time to build up,a time to break down
A time to dance, a time to mourn