Sabian Symbols

caridwen

I am thinking about purchasing a Sabian Symbol deck.

I'm wondering if the deck has a book. From what I know of the deck it has sentences similar to the Yi Jing which you then interpret. Is there any help with the interpretation? It seems quite cryptic: Taurus The Wind blows through her golden locks. She wears a hat....that kind of thing.

I'm putting myself off it:p

BodhiSeed

I am thinking about purchasing a Sabian Symbol deck.

I'm wondering if the deck has a book. From what I know of the deck it has sentences similar to the Yi Jing which you then interpret. Is there any help with the interpretation? It seems quite cryptic: Taurus The Wind blows through her golden locks. She wears a hat....that kind of thing.

I'm putting myself off it:p

There is a Sabian Symbol deck?!:D
The only one I'm aware of is the tear-out cards in the back of 360 Degrees of Wisdom by Lynda Hill.

caridwen

There is a Sabian Symbol deck?!:D
The only one I'm aware of is the tear-out cards in the back of 360 Degrees of Wisdom by Lynda Hill.

There isn't one?:bugeyed:

I have no idea! I found an oracle online and though it looked interesting but cryptic, like wth does this mean: Aries 6: A square brightly lighted on one side.:p

So I was wondering if there was any further information on the cards and how others got on with them:)

caridwen

You can see a list of symbol phrases on Lynda Hill's site here:
http://www.sabiansymbols.com/article-detail2d45.html?id=1453
Her book is hard to come by.

I like the books by Marina Costelloe, Diana E. Roche & Dane Rudhyar. ;)

And there's the Study Group forum right here on AT.

For some reason I read Marina Coleslaw which is a rather cool name:D

Yes I've seen the sentences I was wondering how to interpret them. I'm aware that Rudhya has written interpretations of the symbols but thanks for the others:)