Sacred sites: Ace of Swords

Mi-Shell

Ace of swords:
A man with a long graying beard , a red and yellow painted forehead and rather skimpy clothing stands barefoot among the barren rocks at the foot of Chomolungma.
The man, - the word Sadhu comes to mind – is holding a 3 pronged staff. He is motionless – in still endurance.
Is it icy cold?
Is it searing hot?
Is it icy cold at night and searing hot during the day?
Pay no heed to the climate.
The Sadhu does not.
Mind over body
Mind over matter.
Until mind also does not matter....
The Nepali Sadhu will stand here until the Mountain God spoke.
or until the end of his time.
Whatever comes first.....

Elendil

When I drew this card it seemed to me to be about gaining a wider perspective of events. I guess that I used the idea of mental clarity (as a swords attribute) and the fact that the image reckons to be the highest peak in the Himalayas. There is a coolness about this card which seems to equate well with the idea of disengagement and objectivity. As an Ace it also suggests readying oneself (here mentally) before beginning something - and I like to think that the man in the picture has come to the foot of the mountain to prepare himself through a sort of communion with the mountain itself...

KristinCali

I like to think that the man in the picture has come to the foot of the mountain to prepare himself through a sort of communion with the mountain itself...

I love this idea. He does seem thoughtful, ready for a communion.