Samhain spread

datura-noir

Samhain Spread

This spread is a traditional season layout, connected to pagan/neopagan cycle of holidays. Me and my friends usually try to make such spreads at the eve of the date. We noticed that it works for the period from one holiday to the next but one - i.e. from summer solstice to the autumn equinox; from winter solstice to spring equinox (in astronomical sub-cycle); from Lammas to Samhain, from Samhain to Imbolc etc (in non-astronomical sub-cycle).

For this spread you can use any deck you like. I’ve chosen the Prague Tarot (it is rather effective for the long term spreads and the ones of quite fateful character). It may also be of great interest in the Secret Forest Tarot and we suppose in the Arthurian Legend Tarot (with its melancholic and weird autumn mood).

This spread deals with the subjects of archetypal Autumn-Winter passage period: summation of past deeds and choices, the results of shaping your own life and the influence of fate. As well the passage between this & the other side (it was very interesting for me to learn that November 2 is the date when Slavonic people honoured their ancestors and in Iceland people gave gifts to alves). And another theme is how to accept the death of something in our life.…

--------3---------6--------7
1--------------4-------------------9
--------2---------5--------8

1. Autumn Yield (what can be used)
2. Reserve stock (what can be put aside)
3. Winter ordeal (for what to prepare to)

4. Passage between the worlds (new paths & methods)
5. The gifts of Samhain (gifts of the new tide)
6. Misterious meeting (some unexpected encounters)

7. What to say goodbye to...
8. What to remember...
9. Results/conclusion

Author: Halina Bednenko (with the help of Anna Blaze)

Summersweet

I like this spread alot :) Thank you for sharing

Summer

Elnor

I was planning to do a full Moon ritual tonight- I will incorporate this spread, (I was going to do a self-reading as well) and let you know how it works!

Thanks for this, I was wondering what would be a good spread to use tonight, and this looks like just the thing.

Elnor