Secret dakini oracle cards?

Wonder

I found this deck at a local second hand shop really cheap, but i can't find out anything about it, so I don't know if it's worth getting.
I don't really do oracles, but Im always willing to try something new. does anyone have this one>?

Manda

I do. I think it's hideous. Don't tell anyone though, because I am trying to sell it. :joke: I bought it for a member here, but I moved and I accidentally deleted all my PMs and forgot who. Because unlike Mr. Clinton, I DID inhale. (If that person had any decency, they would come forward and claim their deck! :laugh:)

(That was a joke, by the way...)

I do know that it was reprinted under the name Tantric Dakini Oracle, and the Secret is more desired. There is a book available for it, and some decks came as a set with it. Other than that, the images really do nothing for me, and I would rather read Splenda packets than stare at them for hours. And I say this as a person who is not completely horrified by Miss Cleo's Power Tarot.

I try to not be overly negative of someone else's vision, but really, I do not like it. Kinda gives me the creeps.

Wonder

TY manda! so I guess that's a NO for me then! LOL
it also looks like it might be bad collage deck and I can't stand bad collage.I can't even really stand good collage on most days!It's only 3 dollars so maybe I'll get it and not open it and wait to see if someone else might want it.

Oddity

I'm sure you can sell it or trade it if it is in good condition.
I've never seen the original print, only the one called the Tantric Dakini Oracle (two of my friends have it) and... well... I like it, and I aim to own it one day. What can I say, I like collage. ;)

(On the other hand I just can't stand computer generated "3D" images... I find them scary and doll-like. Too perfect. I guess we all have different taste, and that's a good thing, otherwise there would be very few decks to choose from and never anything surprising...)

I am curious as to why the Secret Dakini is more popular than the Tantric Dakini. Is it just that the older is harder to find? Because I see nothing wrong with the newer version (as long as you don't hate collage of course)

silverwings94

I just looked up both decks here and the Tantric was originally the Secret Dakini Oracle I found them both in the decks area. Click on the link at the top of the page"decks" and go to list all on the right side and you'll find all the information

merissa_88

I had it for years and loved it. I even still have the book - but it's all ripped up. The pictures can be really funny, especially if you have an interest in Hindu or Buddhist tantra. I think one of the cards is called "Totally Bananas".

However, I have often liked decks that people don't use much anymore, like the Voyager deck or Motherpeace.

Chronata

so Wonder ended up buying this, and then she gifted it to me! :D

I think they are definitely interesting. There's really not enough info for the cards though. I think I would like to get the reprint, if it has a more comprehensive book.

This set just has one line about each card.
And it's really intriguing, though not the best collage effort, I admit.

merissa_88

I hope you like doing readings with it. I wonder if it was the inspiration for the photocollage Voyager deck.

I didn't buy the book for years. This is one of those decks that you can read the meanings in the images. If it would help, I'd be happy to look up meanings for you in the book I have.