self as sun reversed

Cagedflame

I devised myself a new general-future spread I think i'll be keeping, since I'm not quite attuned to this deck yet, and only one card made me go mrr??? The only card that I just drew a blank one was for the self position. Apparently I am the Sun, inverted. The only things I could come up with were the "inverse" of the light, childlike innocence and warmth in the Sun card as shown in the Secret Tarot... dark, cold, jaded, gloomy. I don't really feel any of those, except maybe cold because the heat in this room isn't that good. ;) Thoughts, esp from those who have this deck?

The rest of the spread and brief summaries of what I get from it :

Supporting forces/allies = 7 of cups reversed (getting above demons and desires, not letting it be controlling, triumph over nightmares), ace of wands (the raw potential needed for artistic creativity, and for a good time in the sack as suggested by the bunny in the pic, heh heh).
Opposing forces/enemies : moon reversed (bad lunacy, distorted perception, blocked intution), queen of swords (specific person in my life)
How allies will help me : ace of chalices (emotional reservoir, support of friends, energy reserves/renewal)
How I can help myself : knave (page) of pentacles : spark of a new idea for making money, not dropping the ball, or the disk, as it were, getting on top of things
How enemies will hinder me or try to : 9 pentacles. the woman doesn't even look at the bush next to her full of pentacles, riches, the gazes off in the distance. blindness to what one already has.
outcome : 3 wands. seeking something new, alone. spiritual journey beginning.

AnkhGoddess

Hrm...

I don't have this deck, but working on a hunch, I took a look at your screenname, Caged Flame, and couldn't help but wonder if perhaps there was a connection between your screenname, and what the inversed sun card was trying to tell you. The sun, afterall, is a flame of sorts, and the reversed position it landed in for you, to me, denotes that the energy of the sun was in some way being held back, or caged. If you don't mind my asking, would you mind telling me what your screenname means for you? I may be completely off here, but it was my instant reaction that perhaps the inversed sun was directly connected, in some way, to the meaning your screenname holds for you.

If you'd rather not share any of this hun, then I totally understand...its just that, for me personally, a little bit more info would be helpful in trying to understand what the reversed sun could mean for you, and hence my asking.

I'm of the shcool of thought, too, that, the reversed position of a card doesn't, in my mind, necessarally mean something negative. For instance, the one thing that does come to mind, off the top of my head, is that you may very well be the type who usually feels herself to be a rather energetic, outgoing person, but that day that you did the spread, were just feeling in a quieter, or perhaps more thoughtful mood...a mood that made you take that outgoing energy you usually feel, and turn it inwards onto yourself, that day, instead, and as a result be a bit more reflective and less outgoing than you may normally be. Thus, the reversed sun could be reflecting that...it could be stating that you're still that energetic self feel yourself to be, and not depressed or gloomy at all, while the reversed position indicates that rather than that energy being turned outwards (as I've always seen the Sun when right side up as representing energy projected outwards) its instead being turned inwards, towards yourself instead, as you contemplate whatever it is that's on your mind. Afterall, something prompted you to get some guidance from the cards that day, and that in and of itself suggests that you were feeling reflective on the day you asked the question.

Anyway, hope some of this helps...though, I must say, my intuitive reaction that I had to your screenname, and the possible connection it may have to the sun reversed in your reading, does have me rather intrigued. If you don't mind sharing what your screen name means to you, I'd love to see whether my hunch that there's a connection was at all accurate or not. It was just a REALLY strong initial reaction I had, for some odd reason.

I'll also chew over the other cards you got in the spread, and see if that doesn't help me figure out what the reversed sun could mean for you in this particular case. I have some hunches, but wanna chew on it a bit to bang out a bit more thorough of a theory before saying anything on here about it all.

Big hugs to ya, hun...hope some of what I've said above was in some way useful. Lemmie know if there's any further suggestions I could give you to help shed some light on the subject...er...no pun intended...really....

~Ankhy

Fulgour

Cagedflame said:
Apparently I am the Sun, inverted. The only things I could come up with were the "inverse" of the light, childlike innocence and warmth in the Sun card as shown in the Secret Tarot... dark, cold, jaded, gloomy.
The twin figures depicted in The Sun card from the Secret Tarot
are based on Le Tarot de Marseille, and the completion principle.

As the final card involved in the Cycle of the Zodiac, the attribute
for this card being Pisces (based on alphabetical correspondences
between the 19th letter Peh and the 19th card) we are presented
with a concept like Alpha and Omega symbolizing the first and last.

XIX Le Sole and XVIIII Le Soleil show us an End and a Beginning:

XIX IL SOLE The Secret Tarot

XVIIII LE SOLEIL Le Tarot de Jean Dodal

For over a thousand years this image has stirred the imaginations
of millions of intelligent people. Enjoy your quest on a fascinating
journey of discovery of the Tarot ~ and yourself. Keep shining!:)

Cagedflame

AnkhGoddess said:
[...]
I'm of the shcool of thought, too, that, the reversed position of a card doesn't, in my mind, necessarally mean something negative. For instance, the one thing that does come to mind, off the top of my head, is that you may very well be the type who usually feels herself to be a rather energetic, outgoing person, but that day that you did the spread, were just feeling in a quieter, or perhaps more thoughtful mood...
[...]
Anyway, hope some of this helps...though, I must say, my intuitive reaction that I had to your screenname, and the possible connection it may have to the sun reversed in your reading, does have me rather intrigued. If you don't mind sharing what your screen name means to you, I'd love to see whether my hunch that there's a connection was at all accurate or not. It was just a REALLY strong initial reaction I had, for some odd reason.

IRL I'm really more of a quiet person who doesn't like being around too many people at once, especially new people. Kind of a homebody, and I only really have one friend, one boyfriend, and a couple aquaintances I only see when with those other friends.

Cagedflame is a screen name I've had for a really long time, that I sort of keep out of habit (and simplicity; I own cagedflame.net and that's where my email is based, and my extremely ancient and embarrassingly out of date site is still there I think). First it was a photograph of a candle in a candle holder in the shape of a birdcage with a little angel figurine sitting next to it in the dark. Then "caged flame" got written into a bit of old poetry, about feeling like one's insides are on fire, and you're slamming against the bars of the cage. Now I think of it two ways : like a lantern (Hermit's lantern might be an apt comparision now that I think of it), or like the futility of keeping an openwork cage around a flame... if the conditions are right, the fire will just as easily leap out of the cage and spread, or leap up and burn the person holding it.

Fulgour said:
The twin figures depicted in The Sun card from the Secret Tarot
are based on Le Tarot de Marseille, and the completion principle.

As the final card involved in the Cycle of the Zodiac, the attribute
for this card being Pisces (based on alphabetical correspondences
between the 19th letter Peh and the 19th card) we are presented
with a concept like Alpha and Omega symbolizing the first and last.

XIX Le Sole and XVIIII Le Soleil show us an End and a Beginning:

So inverted... hmm... incompleteness? Still in the process? With inwardly turned energy? Maybe. Apt enough on several fronts. Just trying to be sure what the deck's telling me, though, since I found several of the cards' ideas quite helpful.