Sexy Spread

satine

I'd love some feedback on this spread I've made up. It's basically a status check on a couple's sexual relationship. I have the man's perspective along top row (I know- rather traditional, hehe-- cards 3, 4, 6, 8, and 10), and the female's perspective along the bottom row (cards 1, 2, 5, 7, and 9), but these could be switched around... Keep in mind that the *total* energy of each of two rows collectively CREATE card 11, which is the sexual energy the two people create together. It's kind of interesting to analyze how card 11 is created by the two people together... I'm open to suggestions if this spread could be improved. :)

------3----------------------
----------4------------------
-------------6---8---10-----
11------------------------12-
------1---2--5---7----9------

1. What I need/want from him sexually
2. What our sexual relationship means/represents to me
3. What he needs/wants from me sexually
4. What our sexual relationship means/represents to him
5. My insecurities
6. His insecurities
7. What turns me on most about him
8. What turns him on most about me
9. What I can do to enhance our connection
10. What he can do to enhance our connection
11. The sexual energy we create together
12. Our future together sexually

catti

I like the spread, so far, the visual aspect of laying it out seems appropriate and lends itself to intuition ( IMHO)....
and so I did a trial run with Balbi Tarot for myself and a ...um...friend ;) as the subjects

I used as #12card as the card underneath the deck ( my twist)........but the intention is to lay out the cards and then add the first 10 to create #11?
The sum was 74 therefore you would add 7+4 to make 11 which in the deck I used would be Strength... is that the idea?

I will post this over in Your Readings and we can play around with how it works, if you like?

satine

catti said:
I like the spread, so far, the visual aspect of laying it out seems appropriate and lends itself to intuition ( IMHO)....
and so I did a trial run with Balbi Tarot for myself and a ...um...friend ;) as the subjects

I used as #12card as the card underneath the deck ( my twist)........but the intention is to lay out the cards and then add the first 10 to create #11?
The sum was 74 therefore you would add 7+4 to make 11 which in the deck I used would be Strength... is that the idea?

I will post this over in Your Readings and we can play around with how it works, if you like?

Catti, I really like your ideas. I just lay 12 cards in a row and didn't add the first ten to get card 11 (or use the bottom card), but I really like both ideas! In fact, I'd be interested to go back and look at my trial run with this spread and see what card 11 would have been if I had done it that way. Too late to see what the bottom card would've been since I've shuffled since then... ;) Thanks for these ideas. There is something about adding the numbers to get card 11 that is very nice... although the card that came up for card 11 (when I did this spread myself) also made since in my case. I really appreciate your comments and suggestions. I'll look over in My Readings also. :)

Edited to add: When I used the word "create" in my original post, I just meant that this idea should be considered when you look at card 11, however you come up with that card. In other words, you look over his cards, look over your own (or the female's) cards and you intuitively see how the dynamics of each person collectively create the "energy" that is shared. Does that makes sense? Thanks again.

catti

I think I understand...you would come up with #11 the traditional way by choosing a card but one would read the cards to the right to clarify any meaning....
It was interesting however to stop and add to get the card...especially since I added incorrectly the first time... (memo to self: when reading for a client have calculator handy!!! )
1+10+8+20+2+2+6=49
4+9=13 Death

which is alot easier to interpret than Strength, for me at least :D
I am gonna put the rest over there so as not to clutter this thread...

but back OT, this is a really working spread for all those relationship questions when you really know this is what is up...you know? ....this is what is behind the question " does s/he really like me..." etc.. I usually dont go for this many cards because it just seems excessive but lately I have had " is that all the cards" kind of responses...and since reading is a cooperative process I do like to make people satisfied....the look of this spread is fantastic...very visual...very easy to "see" even if you dont get cards at all...in other words, good job Satine :)

satine

catti said:
I think I understand...you would come up with #11 the traditional way by choosing a card but one would read the cards to the right to clarify any meaning....

the look of this spread is fantastic...very visual...very easy to "see" even if you dont get cards at all...in other words, good job Satine :)

Yes, I just think that it's interesting to see how each person's insecurities, attractions, needs, etc. collectively come together to form the sexual dynamic between the two individuals. You know?

And-- thank you!! I'm glad you like the visual layout of this spread! :)

afrosaxon

Satine, I tried your sexy spread. WOW!

I got a lot of reversals, though. I posted my results/interpretations in the Your Reading section.

Thanks for the spread!

T.

satine

afrosaxon said:
Satine, I tried your sexy spread. WOW!

I got a lot of reversals, though. I posted my results/interpretations in the Your Reading section.

Thanks for the spread!

T.

You're welcome! I'm glad it worked for you! :)

Alaanya Crae

I just stumbled across this and think it sounds interesting. Considering my husband and I are in a bit of a rut of same old routine-ness I am curious to see what this will say.

moon_light

I know this is years later, but I just did this with my partner and we thought it was pretty spot on! It was also a little humorous. Thanks for posting this!