Sirian Starseed Tarot anyone?

starlightexp

This just popped up in my Amazon recommendations (a tarot deck.... I wonder what makes them think I like tarot.) It's TOTALLY not my kind of deck but thought people on here may like it. There is something just over the top enough about it to make me want to get it but I'd have to put it in a disused Thoth box least anyone know I own it ...

http://www.sirianstarseedtarot.com/Home/index_home.htm

Eeviee

I remember running across this tite earlier this summer. The premace behind it looks promising, though, as I am viewing fom my phone, I cannot adequately see the cards and their descriptions.

Looked up the creator and she has a couple of books out (The Sirian Revelation Trillogy) that seem well recieved, but certainly 'out there'.

rwcarter

I have it in my cart on Amazon, but haven't finished shopping yet.

rachelcat

Looks like a decent enough photo collage deck. I might withhold judgment until I see it in the flesh . . .

jema

That web-site was really off-putting, the cards seem ok though. I so wish they hired another webdesigner though, that glowing and blinking was like a flash-back to the 90:ies and Geocity

Glitterbird

I wish they had more than 4 examples on the web page. I'm on the fence

Eeviee

Just had a moment to my computer to view the actual card slides, and wow...
They seem pretty intense. If nothing else, I feel this deck could be very deep and provocative.

I like the 0 - Starseed for the Fool. Very appropriate without getting into all of the fe/male, this is truly a universal idea. The meteor also brings to mind 8 of Wands, swiftness, though.

I - Indigo is an interesting concept. I feel as though I have heard of a group of people being called "The Indigos"... my Google-Fu did not help me. Though it did bring up a Wiki page that reminded me that the colour is linked to the Third Eye Chakra and psychism... So, I guess that makes more sense while paralleling it to the Magician card. Being portrayed as a female is a different concept than the norm, but I welcome the change. The lack of traditional Magickal Tools was a bit off-putting at first, but the note of the glowing crystal being linked to the Earth kind of brings back the whole "Earth contains all of the Elements/Tools of Nature" thought which makes it work. Without reading the little snippet on the side, I'm not sure how long it would have taken me to gather that impression, though.

II - The Higher Self is an appropriate re-naming of the High Priestess, and conveys much of the traditional imagry... It made me think, however about the HPSS' scroll of knowledge/widom. I do not believe I've heard anyone reference it to the Akashic Records... Interesting!

III - Abundance, I rather like this depiction of The Empress. Being my Personality and Soul Cards; I'm rather partial to certain depictions of it. This is very different from the norm, while still containing much symbolic meaning. I think I rather like it!

This deck looks very promising. If I can get past the obnoxious font and borders! ;]
Can't wait to see more scans/information being presented.

Debra

They say their creative journey is guided by the blessed Sirian High Council.

Eeviee, google "Indigo Children" ;)

Eeviee

They say their creative journey is guided by the blessed Sirian High Council.

Eeviee, google "Indigo Children" ;)

!!!
I KNEW I'd heard the reference before! Lol.