Sirian Starseed Tarot anyone?

desertrat

There are images here on Aeclectic. (Actually there since it's the other side of Aeclectic. ;))

I may not have any clue as to what Old Souls and Indigo Children are nor Sirian Starseeds, but I kind of like the looks of these cards. And that goes a long ways for me. :) I tend to take what pleases me and make it my own. I am very self-involved. :D

Winterchild

I have nothing at all against Old Souls or Indigo children...I have everything against New Age Fanaticism and being told that some path is absolutely he right one for everyone, as indicated in someone's earlier post. I absolutely believe in old souls, and cherish them, tho I don't connect the description of Indigo Children with my experience of old souls. I just don't get that connection, especially from the wikipedia description. I have a 25 yo granddaughter diagnosed as Bi-Polar, Severe Attachment Disorder, sociopathic, and just plain contrary which seems to have done her no more harm or good than being called Indigo would have. I certainly would not define her as an old soul, unless old souls are here to wreck lives.
I am assuming your children are nothing like that, and may well be actual old souls and a blessing on all those around them.

I didn;t take on board the part about the badly behaved kids.... other stuff I have read about Indigo hasn't put a lot of weight on that part... but again I am happy with old soulds and my old souls are what I think yours are. No my kids are not badly behaved, just very wise beyond their years...and they were born knowing stuff... hard to explain. But as far as all kids being cappable of wonderful things.. I totally agree.

gregory

I didn;t take on board the part about the badly behaved kids.... other stuff I have read about Indigo hasn't put a lot of weight on that part... but again I am happy with old soulds and my old souls are what I think yours are. No my kids are not badly behaved, just very wise beyond their years...and they were born knowing stuff... hard to explain. But as far as all kids being cappable of wonderful things.. I totally agree.

The thing is that you aren't supposed to INTERFERE with Indigo Children as they HAVE TO be allowed full rein, because they are so SPECIAL and in the end we will find out they were RIGHT to do whatever it was they were doing that annoyed everyone else within half a mile or more, because they HAVE THAT KNOWLEDGE/needed to develop whatever etc.

If you tell them not to throw their food around/sing at the top of their voice on a crowded airplane/whatever and they think that is an unreasonable request on your part, they don't have to stop because they are superior to you and know better and have to be allowed to do it anyway. So you get (mad lazy) proud parents saying "well, I have to let her because, like, you know, she's INDIGO."

Last (and far from the worst) example seen - little girl making castles out of french fries on the floor in McDonalds. In a busy aisle.... "Isn't she wonderful ? She's Indigo you know..."

Some kids - and also adults - are just more in touch with those abilities we all have and few of us (know how to) use, IMHO.

I love the look of this deck, and I have on preorder. But I do HOPE it isn't pushing the Indigo/Starseed concept to the extent that I will find it unusable...

Winterchild

Yikes..Scary

The thing is that you aren't supposed to INTERFERE with Indigo Children as they HAVE TO be allowed full rein, because they are so SPECIAL and in the end we will find out they were RIGHT to do whatever it was they were doing that annoyed everyone else within half a mile or more, because they HAVE THAT KNOWLEDGE/needed to develop whatever etc.

If you tell them not to throw their food around/sing at the top of their voice on a crowded airplane/whatever and they think that is an unreasonable request on your part, they don't have to stop because they are superior to you and know better and have to be allowed to do it anyway. So you get (mad lazy) proud parents saying "well, I have to let her because, like, you know, she's INDIGO."

Last (and far from the worst) example seen - little girl making castles out of french fries on the floor in McDonalds. In a busy aisle.... "Isn't she wonderful ? She's Indigo you know..."

Some kids - and also adults - are just more in touch with those abilities we all have and few of us (know how to) use, IMHO.

I love the look of this deck, and I have on preorder. But I do HOPE it isn't pushing the Indigo/Starseed concept to the extent that I will find it unusable...

Yikes Gregors.... I have never before heard this stuff about Indigo's.... I remember way back reading about these Indigo's... along with Walk Ins and Lightwalkers..... in a spiritual mag I used to get about 10 years ago..... but I hadn't come across the behavioural stuff at all.... and I have never heard anyone refer to a child as Indigo in daily life.

Do you think those kind of Indigo's have had too much food colouring? (tic)

;-/

gregory

I read a book about them (THE book about them, I was told, and NOT Doreen Virtue's) after a discussion here a couple of years ago. I was horrified. But if they exist, I have one (she fits every criterion in the book...) - and I am afraid that as I did stop her doing stuff, she is clearly scarred for life and I have ruined her potential :D...

Please someone, tell me this deck ISN'T about them ?

starlightexp

So via a magical Princess this deck arrived yesterday. My first impressions of the cards were WOW those are BIG they are like Ciro big...I could have done without the double border. The card stock is HIGH gloss. Think of the glossy 1st ed of Tarot of Dreams in both size and shine.

The Majors- This is a huge departure for me but for some strange reason I like them. They have some good concepts in them. I love the linking of 5 and 15 together. (I won't give it away for those that are waiting for it.) For me the art, while over the top, is sincere in what it is trying to convey and not just adding masks, flowing skirts and Pantene hair to a tired remake of the RWS.

The Minors- Well it was a nice try. While the Majors do give some unique perspectives on the cards the minors are ...well... RWS.... again. They aren't bad... well some are a bit off on the photoshop, but who's nitpicking...

For me this may be a deck that I use just the Majors with because I think those really do have something to say. I need to give it a few readings to see what it fully has to say but right now I think it's a majors only deck for me

rwcarter

Glancing through the companion book, I don't see any mention of Indigo children in the "What is a Starseed?" section of the book. Starseed is more about being seeds from the stars so we are all Starseed children.

mingbop

I'm not into New Age stuff or indigo children/cats/dogs or pot plants...but the minute I set eyes on this deck I had to have it ! It's on it's way from Amazon now :)

gregory

BOPPY ! })

How GREAT to see you. })

I have it - and I am very much not sure about it - let us know what you think when you get it :)

Tibor

What disappoints me is if an artist published a deck (that also has its own website) and doesn't bother (or doesn't want to share) to upload all the images if the deck so that whoever is interested in buying the deck could look through them to see if they are for them. Anyone knows of a place on the Internet where you can see more cards close-up? The amazon review does not much for me to convince me. The only thing it does is that it shows a guy who is obviously really into this deck and everything starseed. :)