Someone staring at me

mza

Hi dreamers :),
Help me out with an interpretation here if you can. What’s the meaning of a dream where a person who normally stares at me from across the room and in cafeteria appears in a dream staring directly at me. Normally in real life I’ve caught him several times staring at me but then he quickly looks away once I see him. He is very friendly and quite popular with everyone and quite attractive without an ego, yet when I’ve talked to him he seems a little quiet than I’d expect. Recently I have been away from class lately due to an injury and I keep seeing him in my dreams on and off. Am wondering what this means. I have had another dream too where he was explaining something to me. It was something legal and during the dream I asked myself well why would he discuss legal matters with me. Immediately my mind screamed divorce, and then I was like we haven’t even gone out yet! It later happened a few days later that he explained something at length to me in a law module class, so that’s what that dream was showing me.
Ok but I am not too sure what the direct stare in the dream means cos he did not look away this time and he didn’t show any emotion and neither could I read his mind. I couldn’t tell if he was aware that I saw him looking at me. Any ideas? Thanks in advance… :)

Milfoil

Could it be that he is going through divorce?

Most often people in our dreams are aspects of ourselves but sometimes it really can be someone else 'visiting'. I've had this before with a rather slimey voodoo practitioner when I was too naive to do anything about it. The next time it happened, in the dream I took his passport off him and he was unable to bother me again.

IF this is what is happening, it is rude and intrusive. Nobody has the right to infiltrate your dream space without asking first.

IF this is a more usual dream, it would suggest that you 'see' him and know that he sees you. There is a connection which you are acknowledging.

Bhavana

Staring can be seen as predatory. Obviously he is interested in you - and wants something from you...but on some level, it's creeping you out a little, and that is probably why it is showing up at dreamtime. I think you should confront this person. Walk right up to him and give him the typical 4th grade response to something like this.... say "Take a picture, it will last longer" This will break the ice, he will probably laugh and introduce himself.

Milfoil

Yes, yes the predatory thing. Agree with Bhavana. Perhaps you could just find a shared interest to talk about to break the ice?

mza

Thanks for the responses :).
Yeah it kind of feels predatory come to think of it because he has this habit of actually staring but doesn't want me to see it. He analyses people a lot and i fear that what he's been doing and i don't like it. When he noticed he then did less of it but i still caught him staring at me at times. When someone stares you can just feel it. He is single and hasn't been married- the legal discussion in the dream was what turned out to be a legal discusiion in a tutorial we were in (precognitive dream?).
ETA- sorry i also meant to add that when i thought of divorce in the dream it was my dreaming self thinking the discussion could be about divorce because i couldn't understand what we were talking about so i assumed divorce. Sorry sometimes i don't explain myself fully Milfoil.
Milfoil said:
Most often people in our dreams are aspects of ourselves but sometimes it really can be someone else 'visiting'.
The dreams are increasing and its a bit disturbing. After this post i even dreamt of him again! smh .I was actually beginning to think that i was creating the dreams, but since i really don't want to see him in the dream I don't think i am creating the dreams. It's not that i dislike him- he is quite attractive and a nice person, i just don't see what i can do about the situation because he is kind of shy.
Bhavana said:
..but on some level, it's creeping you out a little, and that is probably why it is showing up at dreamtime. I think you should confront this person.
I am not clear here, you mean that possibly its my subconcious bringing up the dream because I am uncomfortable with him? Ok what happened was he was staring too much at me and so conveniently (though unfortunately) i injured my leg and so I haven't been attending lectures for weeks so he can't stare anymore lol. I know, bit silly but i feel safer. Only thing it looks like i can run but i can't hide cos it turns out he's still staring at me. Yeah he's shown interest through his friends so i can't really confront him now. I might have to tell him in the dream to stop appearing like i did one time with an ex (i screamed at that ex that he should never appear again and i haven't seen him since :D )