soul tidings deck

kayne

I went goooogling and found this site and it is a crack up!

It says in the intro:
To be enjoyed by young and old! Endorsed by modern clergy of the Methodist, Roman Catholic and Dutch Reformed churches, the SoulTidings TruthCards made its debut early in the new millennium. Superfluously similar to tarot cards yet very different, these TruthCards are bible-based with revelations from the Bible for the individual on matters confronting us on a day-to-day basis - not to be used for divination. This is the Christian alternative to tarot cards - the journey of the sinner to eternal life. It is for believers and non-believers in search for Truth, wisdom and spiritual growth. The cards encapsulate edification, inspiration and revelation from the Bible in the here and now. Brings the old message in a totally new, exciting format. Shop on-line: the ideal Christmas gift, birth day present - a unique gift to yourself, husband, wife, loved one or friends.
*Nothing like tarot cards - not to be used for divination! LOL (Sorry... just the wording of this intro... LOL :p)

Lee

This all sounds suspiciously non-Tarot... can someone tell me if this is a 78-card deck with 22 Majors, 56 Minors, and Majors more or less equivalent to standard Tarot Majors? If not, then the thread-moving trigger finger will start getting itchy... :)

-- Lee

jmd

As this deck contains 84 divinatory cards quite unrelated to Tarot, I have moved it to this section.

Well worth a look on the link provided by kayne above.

HOLMES

HI GUYS

the soul tidings truth cards, are in fact related to the tarot contary to what they tell you ,,

24 majors revelations
and 15 cards for the guidance revelations

the 24 majors revelations look surpisingly like the major arcanda to me

six is choices which some feel lovers really mean (in the chat discussion we had going )
8 is justice,
9 withdrawal, (hermit)
ten change,
11, strength,
12, is crufxation (hanged man)
13 the blood for dath
14 family for temperance,
15, devil
16, confusion for the tower (shows tower of babel scee,
17 hope is star
18, mon is false prophets,
19 sun is mary mother of jesus,
20 gods will for judgmen
21, spiitual gifts for world
there is two additional cards

furthermore looking at the revelations guidanc.
there is court cards, called priest, priesess, decon and deconaess, which with a title behind them like decon of a praticular suit healing

suit of thorns, swords in fact number three is called depression,
suit of light to my think must be wands,
suit of doves, cups
suit of eagles, earths

the extra card in each suit is a messiah card, like the word, and god is love,

and looking at the guide, every card has a blessing , and challenge, whcih to me challeng reversed to reversed, dienied energyes,
and goals to upright

allow me to pick a card, here to look to share soemthing
ten of eagls, (earth) pentacles,
WORDS (card title)
peace, ful
graceful
challenges,
deceptiosn
godless chatter,

make no mistake about it,,
it is very much a christian slant,, but more of a new age chrisitanity.

the artwork of each card is wonderful , almost same quality of oso zen.

let us not forget some of the theory that there should be 24 major arcanas, as there are 24 hours in a day, and i forget other reasons.

so in my opnion having seen the deck desite it claim it is in fact a tarot , extended,
too silimare to a tarot
oh yes the fool is called sinner in this deck eheh

1 major arcana set up with obivoisoulys similiamres
2. four suits, which corrpesond to the tarot
3. court cards which corrposndto the forces
4.just extra cards which makes it in my view an extended tarot

zorya

hahaha, boy that sure does sound like a tarot deck holmes. with a few added cards so they can deny it. lol. i'm going to leave the thread here because aeclectic calls it an oracle and the soultidings site strongly denies being tarot or inspired by tarot. *rolls eyes* denial ain't a river in egypt! heh heh heh.

Liliana

I want it but its too expensive for me to buy in the US

Now if I got someone in south africa to buy it it may be more affordable for me in the future, and guess what new link is on tarotpassages? The South American Tarot Society! so when i actually manage to have cash, perhaps january, i think i might contact the person in charge of the society and ask about her getting it for me

Ive actually heard spome people refer to this deck as a Christian Osho Zen, sounds pretty accurate, and suits of doves and eagles, i love those birds so i need to get it :)

:THP