Spielkartenmuseum in Germany

Rafaël

Hi everybody,

Has any of you recently been to the "Deutsches Spielkartenmuseum in Leinfelden-Echterdingen" (not far from Stuttgard, Germany) ?
If you did, could you tell what kind of tarots are exhibited?

There seems to be another, smaller museum: the Schloss- und Spielkartenmuseum in Altenburg. Would this also be worth the visit for a Tarot de Marseille lover?

Thanks,
Rafaël

coredil

Unfortunately I was not there (I certainly will one day) but I have some older catalog from this museum or from the former Museum in Bielefeld.
I can assure you that there are a lot of Tarot decks to see ;)
It would take too long to list what decks are in these catalogs.
But from "Grand Etteilla I" (1800) to "Pop Tarot" (1969) or "I Tarocchi di Pinocchio" (1988) just to name a few decks, they seem to have an interesting collection.
There are also a lot of old divination decks or some of these old "Lossbücher" which belong to the oldest known pictures used for divination.

I hope this helps

Best regards

Yves Le Marseillais

Leinfelden Museum

Hello Rafael,

I went to Leinfelden Musem / Stutggart in 2007 august.
Not presented to public they have a huge collection of Tarot Decks.
In fact best way is to:

Buy their book "Tarot Tarok Tarocchi" dated 1988 they published.
In it you will have a wide view of their collection (german language but with a little dictionnary you can translate easy).

Choose what you want to see.

Enter in contact by mail or phone with them as to organise a date for a specific rendez vous.

Otherwise, you will only see cards decks exposed who are of minor interrest for Tarot addcted person like me... and you perhaps.

If you can't find this book (I have it), just ask me wich pages you went (i.e French decks, Swiss decks, German decks, Italien decks) and I will scans them to your mail.

Just PM me for this and I will reply.

Salutations

Yves

thinbuddha

Yves-

Do you have a link for where one might purchase that book?

coredil

http://www.spielkartenmuseum.de/docs/start.html
click on "Museumshop"
then click on "english (click here)"

You will be leaded to a page where you can download a "publication list" of the museum as PDF.
The book Yves mentions is available on this list for 17 EURO

BTW a lot of great books from Detlef Hoffmann are available there ;)

thinbuddha

Thanks!

Rafaël

Thanks

Thank you Yves and Coredil for the info.
I'll order the book and will do as Yves says. I'll plan a trip this summer instead of going on a "coup de tête" this weekend as I intended to do.

Just wanna say: it's good to have you guys here on Aeclectic!!
You're a goldmine of information!

Cheers,
Rafaël