Spirit Guide Group: Encounters, Volume Two

psychic sue

I think the hedge might have been about protection. I found this poem on the net:

God Let Me See the Hedge

Once when I struggled and floundered about
When I heard Satan allege,
“He doesn’t care what might happen to you.”
God let me see the hedge.

Satan had not even made it inside;
Only his words made it through--
Speaking as if he had total control,
But talking was all he could do.

The hedge was so thick even Satan’s long arms
Could never reach me inside.
The hedge reached to Heaven; no one came across
Clearly old Satan had lied.

Now when some sickness or hurt causes pain,
I’ll trust what God has in store.
Never forgetting that He’s in control,
I see the hedge like before.

Sophie-David

Teaching the Heart Wisdom

psychic sue said:
I woke in the middle of the night last night. I was awake, although still a little groggy. For about ten seconds, all I could see around my bed was greenery - it was like I was asleep in the middle of some bushes. This gradually faded, and I heard the song ; "you gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run".

The song I suppose is about knowing when to go for it and knowing when to let things lie.

But the greenery? Any ideas?
There may be an association of the greenery with the Heart Chakra - well there is one for me! My assignment from this week's creativity session is to paint a forest closeup in the sytle of Henri Rousseau's Tropical Forest with Monkeys, focusing on the visceral experience of vivid interlaced greenery. Likely mine will be a temperate rainforest, expanding on the dream "Discovering the Heartland", and perhaps I will use my backyard as the model.

Sue, what were your feelings when you woke amongst the greenery?
psychic sue said:
Just had a Homer Simpson moment - DOH! The song was for my nephew, who is going through a really bad break-up at the moment. Still need help on the greenery though.
Yes! But I think there may also be a reference for you there too, in the very least as to when to move to Wales - but probably in daily life in general. The song seems to refer to the theme of Scorpionic strategy which we must use to protect our hearts so that they can flourish, whether they are imaged as Heartland Forests, Coho Salmon, or English Hedgerows.
psychic sue said:
Now when some sickness or hurt causes pain,
I’ll trust what God has in store.
Never forgetting that He’s in control,
I see the hedge like before.
There's a neat connection here between the "hedge" and "hedging your bets" in gambling, more indications of the strategy theme. This reminds me of the words from Matthew 10:16 -
Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
PS. It strikes me that this is one of the few occasions in the Bible in which snakes, a powerful symbol of the goddess, are overtly seen in a positive light - in this case as wisdom. There is an underground stream, a secret stream, of the divine feminine flowing through Judeo-Christian literature, she is entwined in trees of wisdom, hidden beneath burning bushes and dispersed on the breath of the wind. Here beats the passionate, nurturing and compassionate heart of the Bible, closeted safely behind the veil. The archetype of Scorpio knows how to deal with repression.

psychic sue

Thanks for the insights David. To be honest, when I woke up, I was so amazed to see a full sized hedge around my bed, all I thought was "WOW"! so I can't really tell you how I felt. As usual, I was looking at it and thinking "gosh this all looks so real!". I hadn't noticed the "hedging the bets" connection, so thanks for that.

Sue x

PS. I am of course, also, a "Hedgewitch" - a solitary practioner.

psychic sue

I went to circle last night - even though I was having a bad day and didn't really feel like it. It was amazing! We had to form two circles, one sitting and one standing. The standing people (of which I was one) had to "speed read" the sitting people. A bit like speed dating. Two minutes of reading, then on to the next person. As I tuned in, I started to see the aura colours around people's heads. It was amazing! I also saw one lady, who suffered from depression - she had a green aura, which showed she was receiving healing, but she had little criss-cross patterns within the green - signifying depression.

Then we swapped and we had to be read. The medium who runs the circle came to me and said "You should be a medium, up here on this platform every Sunday. What is stopping you is lack of confidence. I will help you build that confidence up". Then, the other medium who is there every week came over, a little later, and said "you have clairaudience and clairsentience. when I looked at you, I saw a rainbow of colours - do you see colours?" - How amazing was that?

Also, when we did some meditation, I felt Lightning Tree with me, very strong. My hands were on my knees, and although I had my eyes closed, I could "see" them. Except they weren't hands any more - they were the feet and claws of an eagle!

Sue x

Milfoil

Wow

No other words for it really . . . .

I am truly happy for you. If that isn't a definate shove in the right direction, I don't know what is. Bet you were walking on air today.

Take care

Millie

psychic sue

Thanks Millie - yes it is a great feeling!

I had an aural message last night - I woke to hear the words "Matthew 7 verse 6" which is as follows:-

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

I am not a great reader of the bible, although I have heard this before. What are your thoughts on it people?

Sophie-David

psychic sue said:
I had an aural message last night - I woke to hear the words "Matthew 7 verse 6" which is as follows:-

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

I am not a great reader of the bible, although I have heard this before. What are your thoughts on it people?
I think this is another image of the protective hedge you encountered earlier, protecting yet nurturing the vulnerable yet potent heart. The Bible verse speaks to me again of Scorpionic strategy, knowing when to give and when to withold.

Lady Mary

psychic sue said:
Matthew obviously thought that there's a limit to teaching and changing people's behavior. Maybe he had had a bad time when he wrote that passage. The keywords for me are "limit" and "priorities" - we're human beings and we don't have infinite ressources. Matthew 7,6 reminds me that we have to protect ourselves and the things we consider "holy".

Milfoil

Sue - both this and your post in the dream thread suggest (to me) that your lesson from spirit is to believe in your own assertiveness, know when to use it and do not fear trusting your instincts. If someone is, for whatever reason, intimidating or suspicious then perhaps you need to know that you can say no to them stand up for yourself and retain your integrity.

Just my take on the matter . . .

psychic sue

Thanks Milly, I can understand that message.

I had another encounter yesterday:

I went to a "Ribbon Service" at the church. The medium had an array of ribbons in front of her, of various colour. If she chose you, you had to go the the front and select 5 ribbons. She would then "read" using the ribbons.

Of course, I got chosen (I always do, I wonder why?) and I picked my 5 colours. The first one she read was a Rose coloured ribbon. She said she had a lady with her who was linked to this colour. I said I couldn't think who that might be. Then she said "are you aware of Spirit Guides?". Immediately, I thought of Rosie, my Guide and told her so. She said she came through to re-assure me that she is "still around". She went on to give me other messages from my nan, uncle and great-grandad - my usual "helpers".

The weird thing is, the other day, I was thinking "I wonder where Rosie has got to. I have been speaking with Lightning Tree and Neva, but I haven't heard from Rosie in years". So that was her reply to me.

Then, I went to bed last night, and was listening to the Radhe Shyam chant again (which seems to be very powerful for me). It ended and I settled down to go to sleep. I suddenly saw a vision of a small woman with curly hair (I have never seen her before) and I heard her say, in a soft whisper "I am still in contact with you".

So be prepared, for some Rosie revelations in the coming weeks!

Sue x