Spirit of Place

BlueDragonfly

Awww, but baby chicks are soooo adorable! :D I was raised on a small family farm, we got new baby chicks every spring! :)

I haven't thoroughly read Week 4 yet. My week has exploded with busy, and it's been all I can do to keep up with things. I painted the rainbow colors in a stack of straight lines and finally got the color exercise, though! :D Exercise 3, I fell back on a visualization that I've had/used several times.

I'm taking my book to work tomorrow, where I'll have some peace and quiet to concentrate. I'll have quiet time in the early morning there. It's amazing how irritating I find the volume levels in my house now. I can't wait for the weather to be warm enough to go outside in the mornings and evenings!

AJ, I'm right about the middle knuckle of the middle finger on the mitten part of the state. I think the copper rocks would be from the area where the copper mines are in the western part of the Upper Peninsula.

AJ

anyone else notice we all currently have blue avatars?

Milfoil

Forgive me, having been ill and unable to sort these things out, I am now left with an entire house to decorate before tenants move in next weekend so I may catch up in a few days time but I haven't forgotten.

Blue avatars!!! No idea!

BlueDragonfly

anyone else notice we all currently have blue avatars?

Awesome.:D You are very perceptive my friend!

Forgive me, having been ill and unable to sort these things out, I am now left with an entire house to decorate before tenants move in next weekend so I may catch up in a few days time but I haven't forgotten.

Blue avatars!!! No idea!

I Like Blue :D
My avatar is from the Gaian(Queen of Air) and it bears an uncanny resemblance to me, except for the hair color(mine's whiter).

(((Milfoil))) By all means take care of your responsibilities and don't worry about feeling like you're missing out here. I'm in the middle of 4 very busy days, and falling behind a bit(more) myself on my studies. Sunday looks like a really good day to catch up, though.
Except for the 12 hour shift days, I've been meditating in the mornings for 5 - 10 minutes, and practicing a visualization from week 3.

The thing I'm really getting off on, is my awareness of the present/presence, my surroundings and how my little corner of the natural world is changing on a daily basis. My drives to and from work have become a nature watch, and I've been making little notes on what I'm seeing.

BodhiSeed

(((Millie:heart:))), hope you're feeling better. I'm just now catching up. I have been intensely concentrating on the creation of my "native - spirit of place" Sacred Wheel and have tentatively finished it. It is the first wheel I have felt such a deep connection with. Every plant, animal, mineral and moon is based on the area I live in. It feels like home.

I have been sick for a few days (I'm fairly sure I contracted something from the little anklebiters we had over the holidays - ie, grandsons). So I was happy to try out the visualization where you concentrate on the part of the body that is not well, ask it what you can do for it, and thank it for its service for all these years. Much better than telling my body to pull itself up by its bootstraps and get on with it.:p

I also did the four columns of light around my home visualization. When the four columns were erected, there were lightning-like streaks between all of them - kind of like the glass globes you touch that create an arc of electricity. Not sure if that was supposed to happen!:D

BodhiSeed

Pictures of my portable "spirit of place" sacred wheel:

Attachments

• SacredWheel.JPG
    SacredWheel.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 69
  • SWEast.JPG
    SWEast.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 64
  • SWSouth.JPG
    SWSouth.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 62
  • SWWest.JPG
    SWWest.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 64
  • SWNorth.JPG
    SWNorth.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 67

AJ

You have put a lot of thought into your wheel, well done you!
thank you for sharing!

My father in law chanced onto a laundry that was closing down and came home with about 100 white flat sheets. This was about 40 years ago. After he passed my MIL mentioned one day she didn't know what to do with them so I asked for four, my theory being to paint a foldable but big enough to be walkable labyrinth. On inspection the sheets were shot though so I just trashed them and let the idea go. Maybe I'll resurrect it when I've completed my Wheels.

Mi-Shell

I am currently giving Medicine wheel / 6 sacred directions teachings in all kinds of schools. Here is a pic of the one I set up in the catholic high school in our town:

Attachments

• At St Dom chapel.jpg
    At St Dom chapel.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 65
  • St dom setup.jpg
    St dom setup.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 64

AJ

Is that a beater under the fox tail? Someday when you have time I'd love to see closer up.

Hope your headache is gone and good score on the meditations decks. I had the Tolle one, it cost a fortune or so it seemed at the time. Great box though, the lid is designed to hold the current card.